HID's

SS Silv

SERIOUSLY, I have theee worst luck. Nothing ever works right. Sometimes my driver side HID does not turn on, I will have to turn the light switch on and off a few times to get it going.

Anyone know what is causing this?

what kind of kit do you have? i've had several HID kits in the past made from mccullough or phillips and they are high quality. i know some kits come with cheap ballasts that cause those kinds of problems.

It is a cheaper kit but I didn't have any troubles right away. They are no more than a month old. It started happening after I put in my 8000k's.

-Yes its plug and play

-Yes I checked my connections.

i just installed mine yesterday and have the EXACT same problem. except even when i turn them off and on the driver side still turns off within 1 second every time. im gettin a replacement ballast tomorrow morning, which is supposedly the problem

the question is what kind of ballasts are you guys using? what kind of kits are they? this will help us build a list of faulty kits/ballasts or atleast give a better idea of which ones are prone to failure.

yea i already talked to him, he said its a faulty ballast. i live right by him, so we're gonna switch the ballast today. hopefully that will solve the problem. ill post after we work on it and let you know.

If got the same kit but ive only had mine in for a week and i got the 4300k kit. at first my drivers side went off a total of 2 times within the first night and havent had a problem since then so i dunno whats wrong with your guys kits. Hopefully it is ballasts and you wont have a problem from there on. Good Luck

Edited by NashSS (see edit history)