Chrome Door handles and Gas Door?

I say don't do any of it. IMO chrome handles and stuff like that just take away from the styling of the SSS IMO. There are other ways to stand out.

:withstupid: took the words outa my mouth

yea like maybe get some of those "secret" rims that brad has :rolleyes::D

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)

I was just thinking to add a little class and looks to my truck was to add a billet fuel door and maybe some chrome handles on the truck. Not the whole exterior assembly but just the handle that you pull on to open the door. Just something different that will make it look nicer. I like how everything is painted to match but i like to be different then every other silverado or ss on the road its just the way i am. I know some people go overboard with chrome trim and such but this would it besides the chrome grill inserts and emblem and hopefully rims in the near future. i wouldnt add one to the tailgate though just the driver and passenger door

I agree that going chrome doesn't usually look as good as you think it will, but the handles themselves would look pretty good especially if you got a customized style and then painted to match. That would keep the sss style and set you apart

I happen to like a little chrome tastefully added. I have a billet grill, shopman SS bowtie and, the GM chrome door handles. I got my door handles from gmpartsdirect.com. They're color matched, with just the actual handle chromed. They fit like a dream and came with excellent instructions. I agree the chrome fuel door is stupid. If the thing actually worked like it looks, it'd be another story, but not the way they're done. I am probably done adding shiny stuff to my truck's outside. I have the chrome wheels, I think the satin SS logos don't make a whole lot of sense with polished wheels, if someone knew a good source for polished SS logos, I'd be grateful. If I had a black SS, I might be singing another tune, but with Victory Red the chrome, in moderation, is sharp.

Negative on the chrome fuel door, gag me. Door handles look really good if they match the rims - if you have chrome wheels and get chrome door handles it looks pretty stylish, but a great big piece that screams "CHROME GAS CAP" is just too distracting!

Mr. P. :)

Id vote not on both. I understand what you mean that you want to be different than the other SSS but honestly, how many do you see around town. I know I've only seen like a handfull, but whatever you want to do man. On another note, NASH how did you find where your truck was made and in what lane like you got in your sig, that would be awesome to find out for my truck.

:withstupid: ditto on that :chevy:

Well I found the tag in the center console of my truck one day when I was on a detailing rampage and it was just there along with the orignal sticker also. maybe look in your owners manual or something I guess im just lucky :)