chevelle question

i have a 70 chevelle malibu, I would like everyones thoughts on a price to sell it. I did a complete frame off restoration, it is about 75% finished, all is left is body work and new interior, I have about $7,500 invested so far. I put in new trunk floor,new goodmark quarter panels, drivers side door skin, front floor pans, I also have new front fenders, cowl hood, It has a complete rebuit 350 motor bored 30 over, rebulit trans, turbo 350 with bm shift kit, holshot touque converter, rebuilt aburn posi rear with 3.37 gears, stainless steel brake lines and fuel lines. just thougt i would get every ones thought on a price, and frist dibbs' if interested thanks chris

i have a 70 chevelle malibu, I would like everyones thoughts on a price to sell it. I did a complete frame off restoration, it is about 75% finished, all is left is body work and new interior, I have about $7,500 invested so far. I put in new trunk floor,new goodmark quarter panels, drivers side door skin, front floor pans, I also have new front fenders, cowl hood, It has a complete rebuit 350 motor bored 30 over, rebulit trans, turbo 350 with bm shift kit, holshot touque converter, rebuilt aburn posi rear with 3.73 gears, stainless steel brake lines and fuel lines. just thougt i would get every ones thought on a price, and frist dibbs' if interested thanks chris

thats a tough one because you almost never get back what you put in,I would buy it if i had the extra cash because my 72 needs all of what you did but i would say between 7 and 10k,10 being very high.

i honestly think you could just break even.

i honestly think you could just break even.

:withstupid: i had a 1971 chevelle and sold it for 8k. it had new paint, new interior, new suspension, disc brakes up front, new rebuilt engine, new trans. good luck with the sale

True Chevelle SS or jsut a 2 door malibu? Depends on the VIN coding on the door on how much you can get for it. I think there are alot of people out there that would pay$10k+ to have all teh hard work pretty much done. Most like to choose their own color anyways. It also depends on the quality of work done. But if I was in the market, I would buy it, paint it the color I want, throw a 502-572 something big block in there with a TH400, add some wheels, be out about $25k total and have a car worth that much. The key to selling a car like that is painting the vision the buyer wants to see. If the buyer sees a 75% complete car piece of junk and thats how you portray it, thats the pricing you will get. If you sell it as a "near" complete car and emphasize the "features" that the new owner gets to PICK the color they want when they have it painted and choose their own interior, etc...they will be more apt to buy it. Say you had it painted red...some might want a blue or black chevelle...so they wouldnt buy yours. Obviously this is going to go to someone who knows how to work on cars, not someone looking for a turn key. $10k is a good price...I'd start at $12k and take 10k...my two cents...