ran a F-150 supercgarged HD

BlackSS04

i was coming home today and i was pacing a f-150 HD down the road for a ways. there was a good amount of traffic so we were trying to get to the front of it all. we finally did and we caught a red light together. i get to the light and he's already reving on me so i do the same. when he was reving i heard the infamous blower whine and i knew i was in for some trouble, but i was going to give him a go anyways. light goes green and i get the jump and i had him untill 60 then he walked me to a truck length by 80 and he shut down because of traffic. we both sayed good race at the light and he complemented my truck saying that he raced SSS's before and demolished them, and i was the only one to ever keep up with him. then he turned down a side street when the light went green. i am proud that i kept up with him and am still kinda pissed that he won, but you win some and loose some. it was a fun race though.

Edited by BlackSS04 (see edit history)

good race bro, yea my brother and his buddy has the HD f-150 and my brother has the lightining pulley along with a tune and intake, but shit hes no match for my SS's AWD and 2.8 radix. if it makes u feel better, i run past him and waltz past lightnings....you know what they say. " you just cant keep a good truck down" SS babay

good race bro, yea my brother and his buddy has the HD f-150 and my brother has the lightining pulley along with a tune and intake, but shit hes no match for my SS's AWD and 2.8 radix. if it makes u feel better, i run past him and waltz past lightnings....you know what they say. " you just cant keep a good truck down" SS babay

thanks, and go ahead and rub it in why don't ya. :jester: i need me a radix

you shouldn't be all that mad, you did pretty good against somethin that was supercharged

i'm not mad at all, it was a great race. i think i kept up with him really good.

got any more details on the truck? i know several people with harleys, and have worked on many. was it lowered? all black, all grey, or two tone?

it was lowered, black with the grey upper half (hood & tonneau)

I'm interested in just how many Lightnings' you have waltzed past. I bet I could find a few that you'd have some trouble with. No matter how fast you think you are, there is always someone out there that can beat you.

I'm interested in just how many Lightnings' you have waltzed past. I bet I could find a few that you'd have some trouble with. No matter how fast you think you are, there is always someone out there that can beat you.

thats where chase and i come in lol :jester: but im with him, havent found a lightning that got me nervous yet. my buddys harley, thats just a sluaghter. my buddys lightning..... ya its basically a slaughter as well. both trucks just have the basic lightning mods-2.8 pulley, full exhuast, cai, one has a custom tune by me and the other is a diablosport. but like you said, im sure there are lightnings out there that are much more modded, much more. the others ive run, i cant vouge for. but i know for a fact one of them had an aftermarket blower on it, prob was a built motor for how much boost it mustve been running.

ive ran some fast lightnings on the street but none have one. at the track ive ran a few of the top ten lightnings in the country. they were running low 7 where i was running mid to high 7's in the 1/8th . but these guys had strokers with kenne belles and whipples. they were all easy 10 sec trucks. so i give them credit for being fast. if i had a lightning though the first thing id do is swap the bed for a fleetside. i just cant stand the dam stepsides. but thats just a pet peeve.

btw nice run with the blown f 150 , the local spot where i get my n20 refills at had a newer f 150 with a vortech and a built motor and i started to tell them about the ss since i drove up in it and i asked if they wanted to run this truck and they said it woudlnt even be a close race. i told them i wouldnt even use the squeeze just more excuses how the f 150 would wax me . hopefully see them soon with my new motor.

id love to see a new body style f-150 wax any boosted SS lol. as a matter of fact, i would pay to see that LOL. no offense if anybodys got one, but they are slower than the old 3 cyl geo metro sport..... i know somebody with a whippled 05 5.4, full exhuast, custom tune. long story short, big mouth with a nice high 13 to back it up with lmao. he was talking one day how he would "go easy on me". i dont even have a clutch hardly, it just slips and slams into the rev limiter if i give it any throttle at all. its hard to do a burnout this thing slips so bad. some 18 wheeler place, broward clutches, is making me a customone.... if it doesnt work out, sadly i think i have to go spec 3+. my current clutch is just a stronger version of a nbs z06 clutch. anyways lol, hes not saying sh!t now :D