Intimidator Clone

bladejm1

Hello there,

I just bought a 04 Silverado SS, wanted to get the intimidator version, but found a real clean SS and had to buy it.

I'm thinking of putting together a Intimidator Clone.

I'm looking for some intimidator headrests, signature tachometer and intimidator dash badge, etc...

Does anyone have any comments or help in this area?

Not trying to ruffle any feathers though.

Kind regards,

Chris

post-11635-1182495662_thumb.jpg

post-11635-1182495681_thumb.jpg

nice truck... you would want to talk to Zippy... he may be able to get you some stuff... i know that the intimidator stuff is hard to come by though... GM doesnt like to release parts unless you show proof of ownership... at least that is what i heard from Zip...

Hello there,

Thanks for the reply and info, I'll ask Zippy what he thinks...

Thanks again

Chris

welcome to the site :cheers: I have an Intimidator SS but debadged it because IMO the cursive Intimidator logo looked out of place. Good luck on finding your parts if anyone can help you Zippy can.

Thanks for your reply and thoughts, I love your truck!

Awesome!

I checked with Zippy, waiting on his thoughts.

welcome to the site :cheers: I have an Intimidator SS but debadged it because IMO the cursive Intimidator logo looked out of place. Good luck on finding your parts if anyone can help you Zippy can.

You said you debadged your truck?

How hard wasit to remove the decal's and move the SS badge?

First off, welcome to the site and great choice of color! I know you said you wanted an Intimidator, but think about this...if you make a clone out of your '04, you'll get the best of both worlds, intimdator styling with AWD! That's something true Intimidator owners can't boast!

As for parts, I know you can get reasonable faxsimiles of the badging on eGay and Stylin Concepts sells bed rail covers set that looks just as good if not better than the factory Intimidator spoiler. To obtain the hood and grille, best bet would be to see if there is an '06+ owner that likes the '03-'05 style front end that would want to trade with you straight up...as for the gauges, I'm pretty sure that due to some slight styling changes between the '03-'05 and '06-'07 (classic) gauge clusters you would not be able to transplant an Intimidator cluster into yoru truck. However, you might find a skilled pinstriper or someone with good forging skills and have them paint Dale's signature right onto your own cluster. Also, you should be able to take a picture of the Intimidator head rest covers to any auto upholstery shop and have them duplicate it for your.

I think that covers all yoru needs to make your clone, hope my advice helps!

First off, welcome to the site and great choice of color! I know you said you wanted an Intimidator, but think about this...if you make a clone out of your '04, you'll get the best of both worlds, intimdator styling with AWD! That's something true Intimidator owners can't boast!

As for parts, I know you can get reasonable faxsimiles of the badging on eGay and Stylin Concepts sells bed rail covers set that looks just as good if not better than the factory Intimidator spoiler. To obtain the hood and grille, best bet would be to see if there is an '06+ owner that likes the '03-'05 style front end that would want to trade with you straight up...as for the gauges, I'm pretty sure that due to some slight styling changes between the '03-'05 and '06-'07 (classic) gauge clusters you would not be able to transplant an Intimidator cluster into yoru truck. However, you might find a skilled pinstriper or someone with good forging skills and have them paint Dale's signature right onto your own cluster. Also, you should be able to take a picture of the Intimidator head rest covers to any auto upholstery shop and have them duplicate it for your.

I think that covers all yoru needs to make your clone, hope my advice helps!

Thanks for your reply and great thoughts on a parts solutions for my SS.

I was hoping that I might be able to get some of my parts from GM, do you think that would be possible?

I bought the Intimidator logos on Ebay, and they look pretty good.

I have been looking for someone that might want to trade/Sell me for the headrests....

I had the dealer do it before i took delivery. As for the headrest you are after post some pics of yours because I may be interested in a trade since I am not sold on the Intimidator headreast. I personally think I like the regular ones with SS in them much better. Just a thought.

I had the dealer do it before i took delivery. As for the headrest you are after post some pics of yours because I may be interested in a trade since I am not sold on the Intimidator headreast. I personally think I like the regular ones with SS in them much better. Just a thought.

Hello,

I have posted some pictures of my headrests, let me know if you want to trade.

Kind regards,

Chris

post-11635-1182735381_thumb.jpg

post-11635-1182735404_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I'm still thinking about it not quite sure yet what I want to do.

Hello Brad,

What did you decide to do about the headrests?

I would be interested in traiding you straight up for them, I might just throw in something to boot.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Chris

Hey Chris. I haven't forgot about you. It's just been busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest here the past couple of weeks. If you can work out a trade for the headrest with Brad, that would be good.

Hello there,

Any information on the Intimidator parts from GM, I got the floor mats, the SS emblems and Intiminator decals for the side and back of the truck.

I still need the dash badge and signature tach, etc...

Let me know.

Best regards,

Chris

Hello Brad,

What did you decide to do about the headrests?

I would be interested in traiding you straight up for them, I might just throw in something to boot.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Chris

I guess i will hold on to them since I am so undecided. I like the bit of red in the truck. I like the regular SS headrest as well but just can not make up my mind so I guess its beter if I hang on to them.

Sorry and good luck