Need Help!

56chevywagon

Well, just finished up the install and installed the tune that I have for my HPT but once it is finished my pumps don't run and my gas gauge stays at empty...I re-installed the stock tune and all works fine...I received the stock radix tune from two different people and both tunes do the same thing. Does anybody have any idea's???? PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks in advance.

Cody

Well, just finished up the install and installed the tune that I have for my HPT but once it is finished my pumps don't run and my gas gauge stays at empty...I re-installed the stock tune and all works fine...I received the stock radix tune from two different people and both tunes do the same thing. Does anybody have any idea's???? PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks in advance.

Cody

Post up your tunes that you have (you can attach them as zip files). Are they both from 2003??? I would guess that the Radix ones you have are from a different fuel system (2003 is return system, others are returnless fuel system from what I remember).

Even so, you should be able to use the Radix tunes as a compare file to make your own tune. Copy the fuel and timing tables for starters, then stare and compare to see what's different.

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

Just out of curiosity, why dont you contact zippy and just pay him the $150 (or hoever much it is for an email tune) for a custom tune that you can upload directly with HPT? He works very well with his customers and will make adjustments until you and him are satisfied...Cutting corners with someone elses tune just doesnt do it as you are finding out and rest assured, I understand you are very frustrated and the weekend is half over.

EDIT: P.S. CALL HIM, dont pm him...his number is in his Q&A forum. Call him tomorrow if you cant get it resolved.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

I had Zippy in mind and have delt with him before...This tune that I have is not a third party attempt, but a download of the stock radix tune. Holty was able to use this tune but for some reason it just isn't working for me...The only thing that I can think of is that it may not be compatible with my newer HPT software. If all else fails tonight, I'll be calling Zippy tomorrow. Thanks.

OK...I got it figured out...I was trying to use the tune "as-is" instead of x-ferring the tables to a tune that has my VIN attached to it...Matt Walls is a savior. that was the first thing he asked was if I was just trying to flash the tune or if I put it in my own tables...So far it seems to be pinging a little on accel but I am hoping that it is just because the tune hasn't fully set in yet...I'm gonna be doing some logging tomorrow to see...

OK...I got it figured out...I was trying to use the tune "as-is" instead of x-ferring the tables to a tune that has my VIN attached to it...Matt Walls is a savior. that was the first thing he asked was if I was just trying to flash the tune or if I put it in my own tables...So far it seems to be pinging a little on accel but I am hoping that it is just because the tune hasn't fully set in yet...I'm gonna be doing some logging tomorrow to see...

:banghead: Geezzz, that's the first thing that went through my head too, but I thought better about pointing out the obvious. :crackup:

OK...I'm still getting pinging...It's not as bad as the original radix tune but after I changed the "IAT Spark - Base" back to stock, the pinging kind of went away...you can still hear, it is alot less noticable but still there... I just need to know what I need to look for in my logging files to know what to change in the tune...Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Cody

OK...I'm still getting pinging...It's not as bad as the original radix tune but after I changed the "IAT Spark - Base" back to stock, the pinging kind of went away...you can still hear, it is alot less noticable but still there... I just need to know what I need to look for in my logging files to know what to change in the tune...Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Cody

Send me a scan file and I can show you where it is. :thumbs: [email protected]

I think I have it kinda figured out...I'm currently working on the LTFT's. I am just needing to put some miles on it before I do my next log so that it can relearn the fuel curve...

Yeah, pretty much you just follow the HPT SD Tune instructions, then bring the MAF back online once the VE is figured out. LOTS of logging to do to get it there, but it's not hard at all.

OK.....I didn't unplug the MAF and do the SD...I just started to adjust the VE table...am I doing this wrong then??? I have noticed quite a difference in the truck since I've been doing this but I have also noticed that the logging has not been changing very much even though I have added to the table twice now... They have changed a little but not much... ?????????