tinted tails

all you guys that have tinted tails waht did you use on them. was it actual window tint or did you use vinyl. I talked to my tint guy today and he hasn't done a set before and we were going to try window tint first.

oh and another question how long has your film lasted and has it discolored. if you guys would post some pics too that would be great cause im still trying to decide how dark to go with it

im not talking about smoking tails with paint. I want to be able to remove the film if i have to because the cops and hi-pos are dicks around here, i have seen some done before around the site, i just wanted to know what percent tint they used

I've seen the tint your refering too but I've seen it on rice rockets and imports. The tint looks really thick and has that "plastic" shine to it and ruins the look IMO. I was looking into it when I wanted my tails done but painting is the best way to go. And like chase said, pay $50 for a used set for insurance.

• 2 weeks later...
Nobody on this site ever used window tint on their taillights they have always been painted on but the more coats of paint you apply the darker your lights will be.

You are partial wrong, not window tint, but a film/bake process ( not the cheap eBay stuff either ) ..... I had mine smoked with a film not the VHT spray ... IMO there is no comparision ... the film is 100% better then the AVERAGE smoke spray ... VHT has been around since my 60 year old dad was a kid ... I have seen it done a lot of ways ... anyways here is a picture of my old tails

may15037.jpg

Edited by Big O (see edit history)