SS or TBSS?

CenWaSS

So while I was out of town, I get bored and head to the local Chevy dealer. There they sit, six new TBSS's. Man they look good! Anyhow I quickly find myself bs'ing with and the salesman and next thing I know I'm test driving an TBSS. Those baby's sure pull nicely.

They claim this is there best deal...24k for my 2005 AWD SS with under 22k and basically flawless. The color TBSS (silver birch) I want they have new in 2WD but the the sale manager is driving a silver 2007 with AWD (which is what I want), 1200 miles, and is asking 39k (may I mention the new ones, less than 100 miles are within $500 of the sale managers). Isnt 1200miles considered used? I think so.

Anyway should I do it or not? What would be a reasonable deal for my SS and the (used?) 07 AWD TBSS?

Isnt 1200miles considered used? I think so.

Nope ... It's just a Dealer Demo. My SSS was a dealer demo. I took possesion of it with 2800 miles on it. All your warranties start then. So basically, I have until 38,800 miles on the Bumper to Bumper warranty. But my SSS had a window sticker of $42,000 and I got it for $31,500 out the door (before any down payment or trade) and that included Mud Guards, vent visors and a Bug Guard.

Yes, I got mine in August of '04, and it was a left-over. Probably why the better deal... I just don't think they are giving you the best deal possible. .... Wait till the end of the months when dealerships want to sell vehicles to make their monthy quotas ... Or wait till August when the '08 are on the way/lot. They will definetly make a better deal then on a TBSS w/ 1200 miles.

Thanks for the feed back. Its really hard to refrain from something so bad ass! But Im just gonna have to wait for another day. So why (pound for pound) does the TBSS 6.0 out perform the 6.0 in the SS? Just curious what the difference is?

How about a S/C in my SS? With my basic mods and a S/C would it be possible to hang with my ex-brother in laws Lighting (et 13.55)? I think a S/C would be cheaper than jumping in to a TBSS.

So why (pound for pound) does the TBSS 6.0 out perform the 6.0 in the SS? Just curious what the difference is?

TBSS: 395 HP Corvette LS2, 4700-4800 lbs

SSS: 345 HP LQ9, 5100-5400 lbs

2 Main reasons the TBSS is faster. Power to weight.

-K-

Thanks for the feed back. Its really hard to refrain from something so bad ass! But Im just gonna have to wait for another day. So why (pound for pound) does the TBSS 6.0 out perform the 6.0 in the SS? Just curious what the difference is?

How about a S/C in my SS? With my basic mods and a S/C would it be possible to hang with my ex-brother in laws Lighting (et 13.55)? I think a S/C would be cheaper than jumping in to a TBSS.

based on what i have read on this forum, a S/C will cost you around $5000, much cheaper than a TBSS.

with your current mods, a blower might put you in the high 12's, which means you would spank that Lighting :chevy:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

I drove my 06 2wd TBSS off the lot for $23,950 last July with 20 miles on it. It doesn't have all the options, but those options add weight. $1,500 in mods and I'm allover 13.0 in the 1/4 and have pulled a 12.98 but have yet to back it up. I think you should base your decision on weather you need a truck or not. I have a truck for hauling stuff and a motorcycle for fuel efficent cruising.