Famosa drags August 24th

anyone care to join me at famosa? the track is about 600 ft compared to ca which is near 1500 feet . times will be better here and hopefully they dont enforce the 11.5 or faster rule. i should have the truck ready for action and still in one piece. its near bakersfield if anyone wants to know

here is the site

www.famosaraceway.com

anyone care to join me at famosa? the track is about 600 ft compared to ca which is near 1500 feet . times will be better here and hopefully they dont enforce the 11.5 or faster rule. i should have the truck ready for action and still in one piece. its near bakersfield if anyone wants to know

here is the site

www.famosaraceway.com

Chase, I can assure you that they enforce all NHRA rules as it is one of the oldest tracks in the country and they are pretty serious with that stuff. I've raced there several times and it's a great track, but, IMO, in August, I don't think the corrected altitude will be that great due to the heat. There is more oxygen in the air there which may be a huge help for your set-up. Good luck if you go. Just lift at the 1000' cone on your first couple of runs and save the full pass for the end. If you run too fast they'll kick you out so better to save it for the last!

here is the site

www.famosaraceway.com

Famoso in August should be very hot :mad: 100f give or take. If you want to go there to be naughty once, I would wait 'til later in the year so you get better numbers.

Would you be driving or trailering?

Famoso in August should be very hot :mad: 100f give or take. If you want to go there to be naughty once, I would wait 'til later in the year so you get better numbers.

Would you be driving or trailering?

im thinking usiing a triler would be wise. just in case i destroy my tranny. id hate to have it towed from there. i need to take some mearsurments to see if we can use my enclosed trailer and pull it behind the party bus.

• 5 weeks later...

Famoso raceway is local to me but I'll just be out there watching, cause my truck caught on fire about a month ago. Really good prep, there have been several So.Cal area people out here in the last weeks, good results. Its been 100 plus out here lately.

Chase, I have been follwing up on your build, and damm you have a badass truck, was it a DD before your forge build, and how was the driveability? Im sort of in the market for another truck, im debating either on an SS with boost or RCSB with an LSx. Mainly debating the cost for a build plus truck VS ET's and driveability.

Famoso raceway is local to me but I'll just be out there watching, cause my truck caught on fire about a month ago. Really good prep, there have been several So.Cal area people out here in the last weeks, good results. Its been 100 plus out here lately.

Chase, I have been follwing up on your build, and damm you have a badass truck, was it a DD before your forge build, and how was the driveability? Im sort of in the market for another truck, im debating either on an SS with boost or RCSB with an LSx. Mainly debating the cost for a build plus truck VS ET's and driveability.

well it still is a dd but i have a camaro since i needed something when it was down. the camaro gets better mileage so it is driven the majority of the time to work and back. i drive the truck to work on fridays and on the weekends. it drives great with just a 2800 stall the engine makes good power when not in boost so it can get you around no problem. i dont know if i will be ready for these drags now. a few things have come up and with weather its been it wont be worth it. i plan to make the last test n tune they have this year. or whenever i can when its cold.

The 24th is there last scheduled test tune, and there's not open testing during summit events.

They do have a test tune open lane, and bracket racing, during a car show "battle of the imports" Sat. & Sun. gates opend at 9 AM, its usually towards the last months. Kind of fun cause you get to race imprts me and my buddy went in our T/A's last year, its was $40 bucks cause of the event.

I'll find out the exact dates.

• 3 weeks later...

ok i guess trans shoul db efine since i just rebuilt it and put in a new converter.

im waiting on one last mod but its taking forever. as soon as i get it installed i will have it tuned and should be ready to beat on it.

but if temps are anything above 80 i probbaly wont go.