My city since the rain

I've been thinking about you guys down there.... Hope everythings alright for you texas SSS's! good purchase Brad! Location, Location, Location!!!

yeah there are certain areas of town I will not live because during just a heavy rain storm flooding occurs. I may not live in a very nice house at all but atleast it stays dry.. :thumbs:

Well the kids & I are just back from our annual trip to Schlitterbahn (water park in New Braunfels, TX) and Saturday's weather wasn't too bad, only rained 1/4". But yesterday it rained pretty good for over an hour (1/2" :dunno: ) and about 2/3rds the people at the park left, but we waited out the rain in the hot tub and when the park reopened had the whole place to ourselves :cool: It was Cartmanland, NO LINES at any of the rides - just walk right up with your inner tube and jump in the water; you guys missed out, it was awesome.

Mr. P. :)

if i lived there with all the lakes and rivers overflowing like that, i would release my boat from the trailer and wander around the town fishing & drinking brew. :crackup: i'd be throwin top water plugs at anything above water. bass are probebly hiding by buildings and any structure in the water they can find that will provide cover. it would be fun untill the prop hits solid concrete and then the days pretty much done from there, unless you have a bunch of spare props. :crackup: that would be a great time.

damn thats crazy. im actually in TX right now visiting my sister and nephews. she lives in Leander which is right outside of Austin. she was showin me some shit today that was pretty bad, but no where near the pictures u posted. im goin back to cali tomorrow. thank GOD!!! i cant stand the humidity. its like 88 degrees with 80% humidity. i hate it

I lived in Wichita Falls for a few years. I see these pictures and I'm amazed at how much flooding is there. I have a family member that is part of the National Guard there too. He was activated yesterday because of all the flooding. I hope that everything there gets better because I still have family there in town!

Thanks guys. They said this was the 1st time in like 12 yrs our Lake Arrowhead has filled up and gone over the spillway!! I knew it had been a while but I wouldn't have guessed that long ago (and I live here). The Wichita River (drains into the Red River on TX-OK state line) rose and broke a record set back in 1941!!!!

6 or so months ago our area lakes were at dangerously low levels. Now, they're at dangerously high levels. Lake Lewisville is about 18" from running over the spillway, and will probably flood the service road next to I35 close to the lake. The lake is still rising because of the rain in Wichita Falls, and they can't let any out of any of the area lakes, because it flows back in to the Trinity river, which is already well above flood stage.