It's ON!

Fallen.One05

A co-worker of mine just bought a 5.7L Hemi (crew cab).. and he's walkin around like he's the shit.... he's actually taunting me.. :dunno:

He's bone stock... and he wants to race me.... Saying that he can wipe the floor with me..... so once his truck hits 500 miles..... he wants to race. So it'll be going down.. SOON!

i think i might have to take off the tune just so he can keep up... :crackup:

His mods - NONE

My mods - CAI, LT Headers, Catback exhaust, Wheatley Tuned....

And both of us are Crew Cabs...

Edited by Fallen.One05 (see edit history)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think your gunna pull on the bastaad hard. if wheatley tuned that 5.3, then that guy won't be talking about racing anymore after he gets a good look at your license plate. show him how us GM trucks do thangs.

Edited by BlackSS04 (see edit history)

i've told everyone that i'm quick off the line..but then i lag a little.. and then gain it all back on top end....

And yeah.. you have NO IDEA how much of a difference there is going from a tuned truck (wheatley) to driving a stock truck. The acceleration is just SOOOOO much better in mine!

My buddy (who's a Chevy guy- LOL) just bought a brand new 2007 Hemi Ram, and I'll have to say I was somewhat impressed. He can do decent roll on burnouts in it with 4 people in it. It's faster than any other Hemi truck I've been in.

I think the 2007 Hemi trucks have the MDS stuff in them, and I think the ECU might be different.... but the older trucks I thought were power reduced for the first XXX miles? If so, jump on him when it's new! ;) haha

It'll be interesting for me, cause I thought my buddy's truck moved pretty good. Post the results!

:thumbs:

mild update....

He's going to put on a K&N intake... its supposed to give him 10hp.. lol!

If that's the same as the "claimed" hp increases on the LX cars with the 5.7 then have a laugh. The ONLY CAI that actually had a measured increase was the AirHammer, and the K&N on a Magnum is a claimed 21.09hp increase, but had an ACTUAL increase of NOTHING.

As measured on the LXforums.com website.

:crackup:

Well I wish you the best of luck... just thought I would throw this comparison out there

2004 extended cab ( not 4 door ) 4x4 - Mods - Wheatley tune, K&N intake, 180 thermo, straight pipe exhaust, TB Coolant Bypass

2004 Hemi RCSB 2x4 - Mods - Headers, functional ram air intake, plug wires, 180 thermo, superchips

The above is mine and my buddy's truck. We finally got to race them after he came back from Katy to get his truck tuned by wheatley (that tuner kicks ass BTW). From a dig I would have him by 2 1-2 lengths by 90

From a roll of 20, I had him by like 2 lengths to 90

gave him a one truck length ( like in pinks ), he spun out a little and I flew right by him and we just quit... it was over

I know that we have different trucks in different climates on different conditions. I just thought I would share, good luck, and tell him that if he HAD to buy a dodge, he should have got a RC. In my experience, most 4 doors ive raced are dogs

Pat

• 2 weeks later...