my trucks throwing a code!?

eddieo818

According to OBD-Codes.com: "Basically this means that there is a problem with the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor or circuit. The PCM detects that the actual MAF sensor frequency signal is not within a predetermined range of the calculated MAF value for more than 4.0 seconds."

P0101 is set when the measured airflow via the MAF falls outside of the allowable limits with respect to the calculated airflow based on the VE table.

Do you have a custom tune? What are your mods? It can also be tripped if the sensor is severely dirty or potentially if you have a problem with your MAP sensor.

Mods: K&N CAI, 4.10's. thats it.

i re-oiled about 2 months ago

The MAF element is probably coated with oil. Go get a can of electrical contact cleaner (or MAF cleaner), disassemble the intake tube and carefully clean the MAF sensor wires. Let the cleaning agent dry, then re-install.

Justin

i re-oiled about 2 months ago

That might be the problem. There are posts on the site, I think, about how to clean the MAF. Have a look, and give it a try. That might do the trick!

- Or - just look at the post above this one! :)