TBSS Fog Light Conversion

Did anyone ever try to get the lower TBSS grille to work in the SSS? I read over the other thread and nobody ever showed/said anything conclusive. I would love to be able to make this work in my SSS... Or better yet, has anyone seen an aftermarket version with the halo angel eyes? And no I don't mean the ones that go in brake ducts (does anyone know if those mount towards the front or back of the duct? any pictures?), I mean just like the stock lower grill but with two projectors with halos around them...

Any help/opinions on this would be appreciated!

Since I had my truck at the dealer today I figured I would talk to the parts guys and see what's up with the TBSS fogs possibly fitting the SSS. They weren't sure at all about it but pulled up the parts breakdown for both front ends and printed them out for me. Looking at them I don't think that it would work without a decent amount of effort. But then again I asked how much it is for the lower grill part and it's about $90. So it could be worth chopping up one and seeing about just mounting some PIAA's or another projector driving light. Here are the print outs which I scanned in.

post-8266-1173982481_thumb.jpg

post-8266-1173982438_thumb.jpg

This is the post I was looking at, but the diagrams didn't carry over... help somebody?

Edited by Rausche (see edit history)

This is the post I was looking at, but the diagrams didn't carry over... help somebody?

I'll try to remember to look on my other machine and see if I should have the pics of that and put them up on photobucket and post them again.

Did anyone ever try to get the lower TBSS grille to work in the SSS? I read over the other thread and nobody ever showed/said anything conclusive. I would love to be able to make this work in my SSS... Or better yet, has anyone seen an aftermarket version with the halo angel eyes? And no I don't mean the ones that go in brake ducts (does anyone know if those mount towards the front or back of the duct? any pictures?), I mean just like the stock lower grill but with two projectors with halos around them...

Any help/opinions on this would be appreciated!

i have a set of projector angel eyes foglights in my wrecker had to make a bracket to move them back so they wouldn't hit the vents in the bumper though

while i was at the dealer yesterday, i checked out a TBSS and this thread came to mind. by eyeballing the center section of the bumper, it does appear that they could be the same size opening. i would like to see what it would look like before i attempted it.

while i was at the dealer yesterday, i checked out a TBSS and this thread came to mind. by eyeballing the center section of the bumper, it does appear that they could be the same size opening. i would like to see what it would look like before i attempted it.

I think that it would look good, but I don't think that they are the same size. Just by looking at the TBSS's at the dealer a week or so ago I think that the lower grill section is smaller than ours. Maybe not by much, but I think it is smaller.

I think that it would look good, but I don't think that they are the same size. Just by looking at the TBSS's at the dealer a week or so ago I think that the lower grill section is smaller than ours. Maybe not by much, but I think it is smaller.

i really couldn't tell. the TBSS was up near the street and the only SSS on the lot was mine, which was all the way in the back in the service lot. it would have been easier to have a tape measurer but i walked back and forth a couple of times. i think you could be right about the size. if they are off, i can't see it being far off though. if you wanted to get creative, you could always trim out the angel eyes buckets from the TBSS insert and mount them somehow in a stock SSS insert.

i really couldn't tell. the TBSS was up near the street and the only SSS on the lot was mine, which was all the way in the back in the service lot. it would have been easier to have a tape measurer but i walked back and forth a couple of times. i think you could be right about the size. if they are off, i can't see it being far off though. if you wanted to get creative, you could always trim out the angel eyes buckets from the TBSS insert and mount them somehow in a stock SSS insert.

At one point I thought about picking up a spare lower grill and trying to fab something up to put in projector driving lights / fogs. But since I'm lazy, I never did and it only remained a thought :lol:.

Well, it'll be great if it actually works...

sswrecker: do you have a pic you could post up of what those projectors look like? I'd be interested in seeing how they look at night and seeing that bracket that you made...

kelleyperformance: let me know how close those lower grills are if you get the time... I might try to do some cut and fab and make one work, but I'd like to know what I have to work with...

Thanks in advance guys...

Edited by Rausche (see edit history)

At one point I thought about picking up a spare lower grill and trying to fab something up to put in projector driving lights / fogs. But since I'm lazy, I never did and it only remained a thought :lol:.

i hear ya!

Well, it'll be great if it actually works...

sswrecker: do you have a pic you could post up of what those projectors look like? I'd be interested in seeing how they look at night and seeing that bracket that you made...

kelleyperformance: let me know how close those lower grills are if you get the time... I might try to do some cut and fab and make one work, but I'd like to know what I have to work with...

Thanks in advance guys...

they look like the headlights on my ss. i used a couple plates that were about 4 inches long. i'm not sure how wide but they are a little wider than the foglights. i drilled the holes for the bumper and a set for the foglights a few inches back and they just miss the vents

• 3 weeks later...