Help pick me an exhaust

Hey guys,

I am lookin at getting an exhaust system for my Birthday coming up (August 16th). However I'm stuck in the mud. I have went to websites to listen to clips. Definately dissappointed in the Magnaflow sounds, the new body style Silverado with a 4.8/5.3 sounds mean, however our SS clips sound wussified like no other!! So I'm lookin at MagnaFlow, or Flowmaster's kit. The Flowmaster kit has a 50 Series Big Block muffler in it. I'm keeping the stock side exit location, but going to get a chrome styled tip, possibly like the Corsa tip. Any insight would be greatly appeciated! Also sound clips would also be nice, if they aren't of a heavily mod'd truck.

Batman out.......

Hey guys,

I am lookin at getting an exhaust system for my Birthday coming up (August 16th). However I'm stuck in the mud. I have went to websites to listen to clips. Definately dissappointed in the Magnaflow sounds, the new body style Silverado with a 4.8/5.3 sounds mean, however our SS clips sound wussified like no other!! So I'm lookin at MagnaFlow, or Flowmaster's kit. The Flowmaster kit has a 50 Series Big Block muffler in it. I'm keeping the stock side exit location, but going to get a chrome styled tip, possibly like the Corsa tip. Any insight would be greatly appeciated! Also sound clips would also be nice, if they aren't of a heavily mod'd truck.

Batman out.......

You should check out the GM Performance Parts cat-back (manufactured by Borla). The kit is mandrel bent 304 stainless and can be purchased through your dealer or online for around $500 to $550 including the tip (I think there are 8 to choose from). gmaccessorieszone.com and crateenginedepot.com sell it online I think.....

I only have a few bolt ons, this kit has a nice muscular tone outside and very little resonance inside.

Here are a few sound clips(recorded at the back of the truck)....:chevy:

You should check out the GM Performance Parts cat-back (manufactured by Borla). The kit is mandrel bent 304 stainless and can be purchased through your dealer or online for around $500 to $550 including the tip (I think there are 8 to choose from). gmaccessorieszone.com and crateenginedepot.com sell it online I think.....

I only have a few bolt ons, this kit has a nice muscular tone outside and very little resonance inside.

Here are a few sound clips(recorded at the back of the truck)....:chevy:

What kind of sound are you look for ? Fireman31 has a good system not too loud but you can hear it. MagnaFlow is always loud so im lookin at that for my SS

Hmmm I am an ASE Tech for my local Chevy dealer, I could get it @ Cost!! Wooo Woo!! Anyhow, I'm lookin for somethin low, throaty and deep. Still lets ya know it has a pair @ WOT, but not just screaming....

here is my exhaust clip of a magnaflow,

cd8f6607-71e7-47a4-a3e4-99640155c88c.jpgClick here to see Video

but its not exactly all stock , thats with no cats and long tubes, and a lil cam.

but anyway, if you go with a magnaflow system id either recomend reomivng the resonators and putting in some straight pipe, or you can have a custom exhaust made and use any muffler , imo its the best way to go because you can use stainless or galvinized, and route your exhuast any way you want. plus a mandrel fabbed exhaust looks killer.

Hmmm I am an ASE Tech for my local Chevy dealer, I could get it @ Cost!! Wooo Woo!! Anyhow, I'm lookin for somethin low, throaty and deep. Still lets ya know it has a pair @ WOT, but not just screaming....

I think you just heard it, the GMPP kit has exactly what you are looking for. :chevy:

Hey guys,

Batman out.......

I've had a Magnaflow 14588 for about a year now, and although I like the power increase I've gotten with it, I want something louder. On a 1-10 scale of loud/mean, I would give it a 3. Here's the clip:

I just ordered a Magnaflow 14386 and should be receiving it today. I'm hoping that the shorter muffler will make it louder, and I'm excited to see how the built in x-pipe flows compared to the 2 into 1 of my current muffler. I'll post a clip of the new muffler as soon as it's installed.

CW