Hard Water Filter

So I've been looking for a cheap solution to the water spots on my truck... I always rinse/wash the whole truck and don't have time to run around and dry it before spots develop... I'm in love with my power washer so overspray is also a big factor... While I was looking for a cheap solution to this I came across this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...hlink:middle:us. I was wondering if anyone uses this or a similar setup... I know that a filter like this is basically all there is to the Mr. Clean setup, but this could be used with a power washer...

Any opinions?

Edited by Rausche (see edit history)

I used a setup just like that on the main waterline for my house when I lived in CA, and it works as advertised. The problem for us was that there was a hidden cost in changing filters, the cotton ones weren't that costly but the charcoal ones are expensive. But when you consider the cost of the Mr. Clean filters I would say that this would be about the same expense (over the long, long term) but far more versatile setup. Make sure you can get replacement filters; if they are as good as the ones I used then the water flow will reduce to a trickle as the filters begin to clog!

Mr. P. :)

I used a setup just like that on the main waterline for my house when I lived in CA, and it works as advertised. The problem for us was that there was a hidden cost in changing filters, the cotton ones weren't that costly but the charcoal ones are expensive. But when you consider the cost of the Mr. Clean filters I would say that this would be about the same expense (over the long, long term) but far more versatile setup. Make sure you can get replacement filters; if they are as good as the ones I used then the water flow will reduce to a trickle as the filters begin to clog!

Mr. P. :)

Thanks P, I think I know what I'm buying with my next paycheck... I get my truck back from my accident (finally) sometime next week... It's been almost 2 months!! So, I'm buying her some Zaino and a water filter for the first of many presents... :thumbs:

Doesn't anyone here have a water softener for their entire house? I do. I just tapped into the hot and cold soft water lines and brought a frostproof spigot into the garage. I can adjust the temp from straight cold to straight hot.

Mike

I'm having a filtration/softening system to my shower/dishwasher/clotheswasher installed in my new house, but I'm leaving the tap water unfiltered/hard... I'm also having three outside taps installed, one filtered/softened hot and cold, and one cold tap... Can't wait!

I'm having a filtration/softening system to my shower/dishwasher/clotheswasher installed in my new house, but I'm leaving the tap water unfiltered/hard... I'm also having three outside taps installed, one filtered/softened hot and cold, and one cold tap... Can't wait!

Yes, that's the right way to do it. The whole house is soft except for the outside faucets, and the cold water to the kitchen. I also have a filtered drinking water faucet that is hard water.

I had to add the soft water faucet in the garage. It was not in my house when I bought it.

Mike

dry it off as much as possible then take a wet micro fiber cloth and go over the spots gently....if not that the quick detailer takes mine off but i been parking it in the shade and dryin it as fast as possible