L92 sheet metal intake on ebay

Black2003SS

Check this out! L92 sheet metal intake that is 3" taller than stock car manifolds! I'm thinking this would work on our trucks! Wonder what his reserve is. What do you guys think? The only thing that scares me is this a hack/scam because he obviously cant spell in his auctions...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/L92-aluminu...1QQcmdZViewItem

cea1_12.JPG

I dunno, I kinda agree with Quik but for different reason: I would do something like what Chase did, use an adapter on a Victor intake to get even distribution. That manifold looks sexy but I bet it still favors the #7 hole really bad, and that's a lot of money to spend to still have a #7 cylinder that will run a lot leaner than the front cylinders. My $0.02 anyway...

Mr. P.

I dunno, I kinda agree with Quik but for different reason: I would do something like what Chase did, use an adapter on a Victor intake to get even distribution. That manifold looks sexy but I bet it still favors the #7 hole really bad, and that's a lot of money to spend to still have a #7 cylinder that will run a lot leaner than the front cylinders. My $0.02 anyway...

Mr. P.

Actually P, this pic right here shows the runners are extended/bellmouthed into the plenum area, which minimizes runner favoritism.

ddc1_12.JPG

The runners are quite a bit shorter than stock truck intake, but I'd like to measure the difference between this and a car intake. It doesn't look much shorter at all... I'd like to know the runner length of this new intake so that I could plot out the resonant peaks... Truck intakes are longer so that they have two peaks. This one is short enough that it's only going to have one, but if it's at the right RPM ---> :driving:

actually........that manifold will create some sick low rpm torque numbers!! its similar ti the GM TPI set-up, i have an 85' IROCZ with the lingnfelter superram inatake manifold and that thing kicks ass :jester: i'd rock that manifold, if you want higher rpms you need shorter runners.

Actually P, this pic right here shows the runners are extended/bellmouthed into the plenum area...
Take another look at your pic, the runners are not the same length, one is longer than the other by at least 1/8" - I wonder if that was planned or an accident. I agree with you on the runner lengths and configuration, it's reminiscent of a Kinsler intake except all the "stacks" are pulling from a common log manifold - that one detail is what has me wondering if it still runs the back cylinders lean like all the other manifolds designed with a front-mounted TB...

Mr. P.

I agree it looks cool. I would feel better if the intake had the initial air charge in the center rather than front like others have stated. Until thoroughly tested, I wouldn't jump on it.

I'm not concerned about the peak hp benefit as much as an alternative to the headaches of modifying everything to fit our trucks with the car intake manifold. I have no idea how much that manifold is, but if it was under $1,000 and I dont have to dick with cutting stuff off and getting a water pump modified or spacers or whatever, then I would be in. Now if it truly does sacrifice too much low end like a victor Jr intake does, then I wouldnt be in, because the truckis a daily driver.

imo the vic jr doesent sacrifice low end. to me it feels just as fast as before, if not faster .

that sheet metal intake does look killer though and the headache with the pullies and a car intake is kind of shitty . id like to see how much a difference it would make between an l92 and 76 intakes.