tuners

smoke03

I have a Zippy tune and what you do is call him and he will give you a price. I believe if he tunes a spare PCM and sends it to you its $250 but from what i have hear he may not have any extras in that case you would have to ship himm yours. I recommend over nighting it there and back thtat way your truck is only down for about 4 days. When you call him you basically tell him your mods and he does the rest.

sweet thanks guys...ill prolly be looking at doing that after i get my CAI. I have a dual flowmaster exhaust and thats about it. Anything else i should do before the tune? how much do you think this will help and how big of a deal is it for me to replace once i get the spare?

It will definately wake your truck up. The exchange takes about 15 minutes but siince this will be the forst PCM swap you will more than likely have to do the re learn procedur wich is no big deal but takes around 30 minutes so within 1 hour your good to go.

It will definately wake your truck up. The exchange takes about 15 minutes but siince this will be the forst PCM swap you will more than likely have to do the re learn procedur wich is no big deal but takes around 30 minutes so within 1 hour your good to go.

...well what are the downsides to this? will it hurt anything if i ever want to take it back to stock?

...well what are the downsides to this? will it hurt anything if i ever want to take it back to stock?

The only downside is that the re-learn procedure takes 30-45 minutes.......It takes 20 minutes to put the stock PCM back in which you only really need to do if you are taking it to the dealer for service......you are making a good decision by getting tuned, you will be happy with the results....she will be like a whole new truck. :chevy:

did wheatley send you a whole new pcm? can he do everything including 02 deletes, speed limiter deletes,and rpm limiter deletes?

Yeah Charlie sent me a whole new PCM......I kept my stock one for dealer service puposes.....I think it cost around $400 or so total with the core charge...in terms of the program and deletes, he will do anything you ask him to do, he writes a custom program for you from scratch using the parameters and desires that you tell him you want. Send him a PM here under "wheatley" or e-mail him at [email protected]..........:chevy:

Yeah Charlie sent me a whole new PCM......I kept my stock one for dealer service puposes.....I think it cost around $400 or so total with the core charge...in terms of the program and deletes, he will do anything you ask him to do, he writes a custom program for you from scratch using the parameters and desires that you tell him you want. Send him a PM here under "wheatley" or e-mail him at [email protected]..........
:chevy:

alrigh thanks ...im gonna wait till i get a few more mods i was just needing some info...i appreciate everything man