Trailblazer SS

packjh

Since yesterday was my bday i figured id go test drive a car.....nothing special i do it all the time but just alot easier when you take a pretty girl with you. They had a two silver on black and one dark blue tbss. They are still searching for the white one...they cant seem to find it at the moment. She was interested in upgrading from her 05 tb. I stopped by talked to the only salesman i like talking to and took the dark blue one out. Honestly i was very disappointed.

Cons

#1 right off the bat my back was killing me and couldnt adjust the lumbar support to feel comfortable

#2 The steering was way to responsive....The road was bumpy when i drove and bounced me around and make me move which in turn made the whole thing really squirrelly

#3 Felt top heavy, another reminder why i dont like suv's

#4 not that big of an upgrade from the normal tb. The back cargo area is smaller. Interior is same minus seats and rear radio controls

#5 Wasnt that much faster than the truck :D

#6 Makes women drive faster, and scare the ba jesus outa me

Pros

#1 the air compressor in the back was the coolest feature on any car ive drove

#2 AWD locks up and goes pretty good

#3 sunroof

#4 sounded good for a stock vehicle

#5 the seats look way better than what i have

#6 Throttle control was very easy, extremely good town car.

Overall i didnt like how it still had the suv feel to it. Im sure i would have enjoyed drive the 2wd version better, smoking the tires always makes things more fun. I know some of you love your tbss, but we all have our opinions and i dont mean to offend anybody but i would rather have my truck than that.

My friend has an 07 tbss and for some reason...his seemed to have a more bumpy ride than my 06. Plus the 07s have way more torque management than the 06s hence why it probably seemed not that fast to you.

I love both the sss and tbss but just had no use for a bed.

Edited by IH82W8 (see edit history)

To each their own I guess.... but....

#1 Other people have complained about the seats so thats not entirely new... I personally think they're much more comfortable than the seats in my SSS ever were... again theres a mixed bag of opinions on this.

#2 Oddly enough I wouldn't say this at all... the steering is responsive, but maybe you were getting more bump steer b/c it was an AWD... my 2WD will go down the roughest of roads in a straight line without having to fight the wheel at all.

#3 Curb weight on the TBSS 2wd is 4496, AWD is 4663 curb weight on the Silvy SS 2wd is 4947... so I don't see how it seemed heavier to you coming from a SSS??

#4 Leather seats w/ suede inserts isn't that much of an upgrade from the regular TB??? And the rear cargo area is identical btw unless you're comparing to the longer base TB model.... as for upgrades over its standard counterpart what does the Silvy SS have over the regular SS... pretty much the same thing... a couple of logos, leather, and thats it.

#5 TBSS's are running high 13's stock... they are faster than the Silvy SS stock for stock.

#6 Can't argue with you on this one... my wife goes nuts when shes behind the wheel. :eek:

:confused: huh???

Come on, there's always a use for a bed....... :devil:

I heard that the 07 have more torque to help with the transmission. I guess to put less stress on it? THis is what I heard from my friend that has a 07. I didn't just pull this outta my a** lol...Don't shoot the messenger! lol

I heard that the 07 have more torque to help with the transmission. I guess to put less stress on it? THis is what I heard from my friend that has a 07. I didn't just pull this outta my a** lol...Don't shoot the messenger! lol

I was curious what you meant, but I see you editted your post....you had the years mixed up....... :ughdance:

You originally said:

QUOTE(IH82W8 @ Jul 15 2007, 05:46 PM)

......the 07s have way more torque management than the 07s..........

The TBSS is nice but I don't need a SUV. I still use my SS like a truck. I saw a silver TBSS at the track Friday and they ran a 14 sec qtr. I'm sure it was due to the driver. I didn't get to talk to them. I tried to talk the wife into a TBSS but she does not want a SUV no matter how fast it is. The TBSS looks like a nice SUV so if you want a SUV that would be the route to go IMO.

To each their own I guess.... but....

#1 Other people have complained about the seats so thats not entirely new... I personally think they're much more comfortable than the seats in my SSS ever were... again theres a mixed bag of opinions on this.

#2 Oddly enough I wouldn't say this at all... the steering is responsive, but maybe you were getting more bump steer b/c it was an AWD... my 2WD will go down the roughest of roads in a straight line without having to fight the wheel at all.

#3 Curb weight on the TBSS 2wd is 4496, AWD is 4663 curb weight on the Silvy SS 2wd is 4947... so I don't see how it seemed heavier to you coming from a SSS??

#4 Leather seats w/ suede inserts isn't that much of an upgrade from the regular TB??? And the rear cargo area is identical btw unless you're comparing to the longer base TB model.... as for upgrades over its standard counterpart what does the Silvy SS have over the regular SS... pretty much the same thing... a couple of logos, leather, and thats it.

#5 TBSS's are running high 13's stock... they are faster than the Silvy SS stock for stock.

#6 Can't argue with you on this one... my wife goes nuts when shes behind the wheel. :eek:

good responses dylan, #3 i meant top heavy as in it had that roll over feel maybe i just took that turn a lil to fast. Your prolly right about the bump steer The cargo area i was comparing to a longer one. And stock to stock the truck is slower by all means just compared to mine it didnt feel that much faster that i would be like heres my keys.

Honestly when i was driving it, i felt like i was a driving a suv with a 400hp motor under the hood. I mean my truck drives like a truck but i like that. I guess i was expecting more.

Well I have both, and can tell you that they are certainly different. I love my SSS, but I have modded it so much with the SC and the built trans with shift kit that it isn't much of a cruiser anymore. The TBSS is daily driven for work and I must say I love it. I like having both for different reasons. Wouldn't get rid of either.

Wiz

ive driven two models. a new 07 awd 3ss at the dealership as well as a medium modded 2wd 06 3ss. the awd is nice in handling and such but the modded 2wd with t/m removed/lts/trans kit/servos/ls7 tb/and a couple other mods was much better in the seat of the pants performance department.

My friend has an 07 tbss and for some reason...his seemed to have a more bumpy ride than my 06. Plus the 07s have way more torque management than the 06s hence why it probably seemed not that fast to you.

I love both the sss and tbss but just had no use for a bed.

Hey now, lets not talk about my SS like that...;)

I do have a tbss. and i've been driving it since my sss went away. I really enjoy driving it. i hear you with the seats. I think their really comfortable however with out the bolsters, when you go into a turn at any speed, it feels like your gonna wind up on the other side of the wagon. As for body roll, it does have alot, however, you can take a corner going 60 and the tires hold the pavement excellent. with a rear swaybar, the body roll goes away and it will make a fool out of my sss, (lowered with bags in rear and full sways) in the corners. As for speed, i often don't realize how fast i was going it picks up to 80 with half throttle in not time and you can't even hear it take off. much more responsive than the sss but no where near what a vette is capable of. I think the major down fall of the truck is that everybody has expectations too high and it is just what it is, a lowered SUV with a nice trim package and alot of power. nothing more.

Now, i just gotta figure out a way to buy my SSS back and keep everything else.