Thinking about moving to Oklahoma

Z4pp

I've been thinking about moving there for a few months now and I am convinced I will never be happy in California, most of the people are stuck up and assholes or gangbangers. I think I need a change of scenery to actually be happy.

Is anyone here from Oklahoma? How is it over there?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think a scenery change will make me happy, when I vacationed in Oregon, I was always happy. The weather, the greeness the people where nicer. I don't know. I have a friend in Oklahoma that said I could crash with him till I get my stuff together so it's looking pretty inevitable.

Well, I've lived about everywhere east of the Mississippi; that said, the best OK road is worse than the worst TX road! I don't blame you for wanting to get out of Bakersfield, that is one of the armpits of CA. Growing up in So Oregon I never could do the desert either, and North Texas is agreeable with me - green and some hills. OK is pretty flat, the only part of OK that I like is Guthrie; the rest did not impress me very well. What part of OK are you talking about?

Mr. P.

Thats rough man. Did you press charges? or press his face in at least?

i wish it were that simple. i filed a police report that i keep to this date whenever something random comes up on my credit report. over ten years later and im still dealing with this.

Edmond, OK, pretty close to OK city. Been there before?

Yeah that's the high-rent section of OKC; pretty nice neighborhood there, upscale and looks a tad like "new california" in places. I'm there the last 2 weeks of October for my job. Tienda was living in south OKC but the military moved him and his family to Puget Sound so I don't think there's any other forum members residing in OKC. BSER lives 2 hrs north in Wichita, and stoutss is in Tulsa. The best thing about OKC is that it's 2-hrs from DFW :thumbs: In all seriousness, if you move to the OKC area get the best damned car alarm you can afford.

Mr. P.

Yeah that's the high-rent section of OKC; pretty nice neighborhood there, upscale and looks a tad like "new california" in places. I'm there the last 2 weeks of October for my job. Tienda was living in south OKC but the military moved him and his family to Puget Sound so I don't think there's any other forum members residing in OKC. BSER lives 2 hrs north in Wichita, and stoutss is in Tulsa. The best thing about OKC is that it's 2-hrs from DFW :thumbs: In all seriousness, if you move to the OKC area get the best damned car alarm you can afford.

Mr. P.

Great so it wont be all bad. Thinking of getting a job in something in the oil industry. Pretty good money, I hear. What business are you in?

i wish it were that simple. i filed a police report that i keep to this date whenever something random comes up on my credit report. over ten years later and im still dealing with this.

Keep bugging the police about it, they won't get on it unless you seriously persue some justice. Thats what I noticed about the police department in California.

hope you like humidity, fire ants and tornados. low pay, and ugly women.

i have a good friend in sparks oklahoma that puts on one bitching motorcycle rally though.

best rally in the world, even sturgis, all on private property so anything goes. lots of nudity, etc.