got my new project today!

Chevcup47

Well today i brought home my new toy. the racecar is leaving this weekend. so i had to fill its spot and the price of this car was right. and the frame and body are in great shape for its age. plus you dont see alot of them being turned into a nice fast ride as my plans are for it. its a 83 Pontiac Gran Prix factory bucket seats and console shifter. after some stripping and remaking over the winter months im planning on a nice street strip ride outta it. here are a few pics of how it looks now. i looked it over really good in the garage and cant find any rust through at all on it and the rear frame is solid as a rock. really amaising for these cars around this part..........

post-9619-1184978572_thumb.jpg

post-9619-1184978613_thumb.jpg

post-9619-1184978655_thumb.jpg

post-9619-1184978696_thumb.jpg

going to start with a big strip and weight loss program. do a really good clean and repaint on frame. then start installing the 355 and power glide trans and 9 inch ford rear end just for starters.

Nice! I used to work with a guy who raced a Buick Grand National which, I believe, was that same body style. His car was fast as s***! I say leave the exterior as is but drop in a 572 crate motor! Nobody will suspect a thing.....