03/ newer girll?

• 4 weeks later...
what Pimp said

Does the hood latch need to be changed as well? I've got an orange 05 Silverado with a billet grille. The sides of the grille are black. I have access to the entire front sheetmetal of a black 06 Silverado (they put an Escalade front on the truck.) I'm wondering if there is any way that I could use the 06 hood on my truck without completely changing to the 06 grille. I would like to get rid of the chrome bar, but I don't really like the chrome grilles that the 06 has. I do like the bodycolor between the headlights and turn signals though. Someday I plan on changing the front bumper to something without the chrome.

l_7f4d483f7a4aa1cc41842643233ac735.jpg

I have an 03 SSS and Im pretttty sure the anwser is you have to swap the hood as well. But I can get a pretty sweet deal (free) on the newer style grill 06ish style. But my question is will it just bolt(clip) on? or do I have to change the hood aswell?

yup like said, need either an 06 hood or a HD hood. They can be found cheap if you look around.

Does the hood latch need to be changed as well? I've got an orange 05 Silverado with a billet grille. The sides of the grille are black. I have access to the entire front sheetmetal of a black 06 Silverado (they put an Escalade front on the truck.) I'm wondering if there is any way that I could use the 06 hood on my truck without completely changing to the 06 grille. I would like to get rid of the chrome bar, but I don't really like the chrome grilles that the 06 has. I do like the bodycolor between the headlights and turn signals though. Someday I plan on changing the front bumper to something without the chrome.

l_7f4d483f7a4aa1cc41842643233ac735.jpg

i believe someone did it a while ago using just an HD hood but not to sure about how they went about keeping the stock grille. Easiest solution is just do the full swap