v6 mustangs are a joke and a half

smalltownguy

does anyone realize how slow the v6 mustangs are??? they never want to play but i cant blame them after seeing them run, i have a buddy who loves his mustang but its just a new v6 and he has a few things like intake and exhaust witch kinda sounds dumb but anyway he said he could take me because my SS is just another silverado so i told him i would put money on it, he didnt go for that so i knew he was scared and i had not really heard anything about the little v6.....so we lined up on the back roads and the race was not even close, naturally i was two links ahead just off the start and i thought i had a bad start and then just pulled and pulled like he was sittin still!!!! its automatic so not bad shiftin on his part ither, he was royally p.o.ed

I got a V6 Camaro, which I've beaten several V6 Mustangs off the line, but it was very close... and these V6 things can't hold up to the SSS....

Be for warned though, I've seen a 3.8 V6 Camaro run in the 12's and 13's... granted, had a crap load of money dumped in it, but still.... a V6.

Great kill anyway :D

I know what ur saying "smalltownguy", I wish Furd had not come out with that "Pony package" for the V-6's either. Now because these cars have that special fog light grille, lower body stripes, and spinner wheel simulators, the owners seem to think it had added like 50HP to the car!!! :crazy:

I had a silver V-6 come outta no where last night on the way home from work. He had it floored until he past me then moved over a lane (beside me) and slowly coasted down until we were even. I was smiling at him and started to move for an easy kill. That is when the angel on my right shoulder reminded me about the speeding warning I just received Monday PM. Plus, my truck was low on super unleaded (what a waste of gas), so I just left him alone. Now if this happens again soon, I bet the devil on my other shoulder does some SMACK talking!!! :devil:

Be for warned though, I've seen a 3.8 V6 Camaro run in the 12's and 13's... granted, had a crap load of money dumped in it, but still.... a V6.

I know of a 4 cylinder mustang in the low 9's :ughdance: ...and it is driven on the street ("street legal") :crazy:

Videos---->

Dump a modded L67(3800 Series II V6 w/Gen IV Eaton M90) or L32(3800 Series III w/Gen V Eaton M90) in a V6 Camaro and it will turn low 13's high 12's all day long..........I had an '04 Grand Prix GTP with an L32 in it, SLP CAI, SLP Catback, and 3.4 inch pulley turned a best 13.95et @94.25mph, and thats a near 3700 pound sedan! :thumbs:

BTW, nice kill :chevy:

well at some races 2 weeks ago i raced a 04 GT mustang with intake, exsaust, tune, and a hundred shot of NOS and i took him by 4 he slept on the light by half a truck but i took him hard all the way down the track heres a pic of my truck and the mustang would have been cool to have the vid but no one that i knew was there to film me

100_0045.jpg

I know of a 4 cylinder mustang in the low 9's :ughdance: ...and it is driven on the street ("street legal") :crazy:

Videos---->

I have seen one of these at a track... its surprising what a little 4 with a turbo can do. In fact, if my memory serves right, I heard that the turbo stangs where faster than the five.slows back in the day. they handled better too because of the light weight.

well at some races 2 weeks ago i raced a 04 GT mustang with intake, exsaust, tune, and a hundred shot of NOS and i took him by 4 he slept on the light by half a truck but i took him hard all the way down the track heres a pic of my truck and the mustang would have been cool to have the vid but no one that i knew was there to film me

100_0045.jpg

you have nitrous and a huffer and surely a tune since your advertising one so really no suprise you took him.

Dump a modded L67(3800 Series II V6 w/Gen IV Eaton M90) or L32(3800 Series III w/Gen V Eaton M90) in a V6 Camaro and it will turn low 13's high 12's all day long..........I had an '04 Grand Prix GTP with an L32 in it, SLP CAI, SLP Catback, and 3.4 inch pulley turned a best 13.95et @94.25mph, and thats a near 3700 pound sedan! :thumbs:

BTW, nice kill :chevy:

Thats actually harder than it sounds. The wiper cowl, windsheild and firewall all get in the way. I know of one guy that is currently doing this though and it actually runs. Anyway enough with the non-important info.

If it was a older auto mustang those trannys were slushboxes. I dont know if Ford got smart and actually did something about them or not in the newer ones.