underdrive pullies

smoke03

i have them on my truck, no problems. The windows go up a little slow at idle, but i have thme on like 2.5 years with no issues. Make sure you by the kit that comes with the right belt size and the new crank bolt, don't reuse the old one. It made a tenth difference in the quarter, so i guess i would put the money into something that makes a better gain, but for the money a tenth isn't bad.

Brad

IMO they are not a good idea.... the whole concept of it is just kinda dumb- slow everything else down so you can gain 5 hp. your water pump slows down, your alternator (some kits have a new alt pulley tho), your power steering pump, and with some kits, your AC compressor. id just stay away from it, like brad said, you can find better use of your money anyways

:thumbs:

just don't buy a bbk throttle body instead!

Brad

BBK's are no good then ehh. i think SSBoon ports & polishes our stock TB's. that is going to be my next bolt-on, then e-fans, and then i don't think there will be anymore bolt-ons i could do to the truck that won't void my warrenty.

BBK's are no good then ehh. i think SSBoon ports & polishes our stock TB's. that is going to be my next bolt-on, then e-fans, and then i don't think there will be anymore bolt-ons i could do to the truck that won't void my warrenty.

with the mods in your sig...your warranty should be long gone anyway!

Brad

with the mods in your sig...your warranty should be long gone anyway!

Brad

they have no way of knowing though. :jester: they can't see anything but the intake and headers, and that dosen't void your warrenty. the only way they would know about the tranny mods is if i took it in for tranny problems, which i won't.

i would have thought the headers alone would void it? cool if it doesn't

well, thats what i was told by the sss elders on this here site. :jester: but i was also told that it really comes down to the dealership. some are testy about it, and some just don't give a damn. i'm fortunate that i have a dealership that doesn't give a rats ass about it. but i'm sure if they found out about the tranny mods, they would definetly void it. but that won't happen.

edit - and sorry about the thread jack. point being, UD pullies are not worth it.

Edited by BlackSS04 (see edit history)