how to unlock factory nav while driving?

i have the factory navigation and i was wondering if there was a way to unlock it so you can do POI searches and such while driving, instead of having to come to a full stop? i tried to do a search for this but couldnt come up with any results. any ideas?

i have the factory navigation and i was wondering if there was a way to unlock it so you can do POI searches and such while driving, instead of having to come to a full stop? i tried to do a search for this but couldnt come up with any results. any ideas?

Sorry it wont allow POI's while in motion.

• 1 month later...

Not sure about the NBS, but i put a touch screen unit in my 05 with the bose system, and all i did was run a toggle switch on the vss wire (vehicle speed sensor). The navigation will get a little screwy with the line off, but it will allow you to search like your were stoped. It was simple for me because i had to run the vss wire myself while installing the unit.

i have an 07nbs and i did a search found a place coastal tech.they make a gm lock pic that lets you use all the xm/ipod and nav functions while moving also unlocks dvd while driving its great. just do a search for gm lock pick it will pop up.. good luck