Lets play guess what caused this

Quik

:( I don't have to guess, I KNOW! I've done that before on an old Pontiac 400, in my case I found the valvestem in the intake manifold under the carburator. You'll have to let me know if the piston expansion split the cylinder wall.

Mr. P.

at first glance number 1 made me sick to my stomach then i realized what happened in number 2 and the valve being that bent upwards like then i had to go puke. :sick:

hmm mechanically i see what happened but dont know what caused it. I was going to throw the normal answer that everybody loves to use and blame for their engines is nitrous but it looks like your valve obviously made contact with your piston which means it was down way to long. so i guess something to with your valve train went haywire.

:eek: damn..............looks like it broke a valve spring or rocker arm, possibly from over revving, towing a load that was too heavy, lack of oil, nitrous, or too much boost from a blower or turbo............needless to say there was a lot of stress put on the valve train of that motor............ :ughdance:

LOL! :crackup:

He didn't burn a hole in the piston, he punched a hole through it with a piece of steel!!!

it lines up with the spark plug, the other side is where the valve started floating.... don't mess with me with sarcasm... running lean with maybe a little nitrous with maybe wrong gapped spark plugs..

Edited by Southeast Missouri SS (see edit history)

it lines up with the spark plug, the other side is where the valve started floating.... don't mess with me with sarcasm... running lean with maybe a little nitrous with maybe wrong gapped spark plugs..

motor wasnt lean or ran on n2o. that hole is the valve stem that punchered the piston