Fuel pressure gauge - autometer

I got the autometer electric fuel pressure gauge and went to put it in today...I noticed the little access hole that was plugged on the driver side fuel rail... Simple enough installation right? Wrong...Got the three pillar pod setup (broke my boost gauge, need to buy another one...i just dropped it and now it reads +20psi...)

Anyways, I went to screw in the sending unit directly to the fuel rail and it doesnt line up! The coil pack bracket is in the way, it wont allow the sending unit to clear to line up straight...great...so now what? Someone told me I will have to chase down a braided fuel line and adapter and remotely mount it? WTF? all the small stuff killing my time here!

Anyone who has a clear quick solution for me would be appreciated. If you have done the remote mount on a radix, also please tell what parts i need and where to get them. I've been to summit 3 times in the last week and dont want to drive down there again tomorrow.

Thanks.

:sick: Thought of that, but thats another hour or two tied up...oh well, gotta do what I gotta do I guess. Its just something I didnt feel like messing with at 11pm at night trying to get things wrapped up and hadnt ate since breakfast...only place open on sunday night at 11:30pm was burger king, taco bell was even closed... :banghead:

:sick: Thought of that, but thats another hour or two tied up...oh well, gotta do what I gotta do I guess. Its just something I didnt feel like messing with at 11pm at night trying to get things wrapped up and hadnt ate since breakfast...only place open on sunday night at 11:30pm was burger king, taco bell was even closed... :banghead:

Shouldn't take anywhere near that long to remove the coil...

Had to grind down the bracket. Instead of buying a dremel, I just bought a stone wheel for my drill...5 minutes of grinding and I was good to go.

Oh...fuel pressure is at 53psi at idle. Is this good? Didnt get a chance to drive it yet.

WOT throttle today was at 60psi on the freeway at 5,000rpm...Think I am safe for fuel pressure...now to start hunting other gremlins.

No, that's a bit low if you're making 6psi of boost.

Check it again with the vac line disconnected. You need to maintain a 58 gauge psi differential between the pressure in the fuel rail to the pressure in the intake manifold (aka, if you're at 15" of vacuum, fuel pressure should be 51psi, 6psi of boost, fuel pressure should be 64psi).