SS in the ocean state

So I finally figured out this whole deal with posting pictures so i can make an official intro.

I think i might be the only guy on here from Rhode Island, i've seen a few from Mass and one in CT. ive had my SS for a couple of years but didnt catch the mod bug until i found this site. needless to say, im hooked. i have a Volant intake on the way and then im planing on a shift kit/pcm tune. 8000k HID's already in with tint in the doors. ill be asking plenty of questions so any help is appreciated.

hese a few pics..

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you must be the one i see all the time!!!!!! cant believ another ss member is so close to me. im from somerset ma like 10 mins from swansea and warren. nice truck. theres a ss i have seen in somerset with a sts turbo which i stoped and talked to the guy. glad to see you joined hopefully we can meet up some time.~~~Kyle

good to hear theres someone else as obsessed with their truck so close.. the only truck ive noticed around (and believe me, im always staring down other peoples trucks) is a red short bed that looks like an SS clone with a roll pan and the dual square tips. never talked to the guy but i see him on Rt. 6 and 136 a lot. clean truck. but yea we'll definitely have to meet up, ive read some of your posts on here and it sounds like your pretty busy with your truck..

o ya she will be done hopefully today, except no ss cover. i have seen that red one also. there is a red regency rst with the square tips and also a nice red colorado all done up. my buddy has a black rst he lives in swansea close to warren so you might see him around. also i have a huge sss.com sticker on my back window so if ya see me dont be affraid to beep. lol see ya around

yep there a couple decent shops. b&p trannsmissions in somerset on county st. and also kriks transmission in fall river. that would be my best bet. my uncle and them used to work together a long time ago and he says they know there stuff. i think he gave me a quote of like 5-600. but that was with him getting the parts i belive.

nice to see more trucks from New England showing up here. Welcome and like Brad said, there are alot of good guys on here willing to lend a hand or an ear if you have questions or concerns.

If you can't figure out how to spend your money, everyone here knows how!! :cheers:

KJT, (name?) i notice you just did a tranny rebuild and the shift kit and youre in the boston area. can i ask who did the install and where they are located? Good work?? I'm just trying to get a list of a few good shops together to get some prices.

Hugo

KJT, (name?) i notice you just did a tranny rebuild and the shift kit and youre in the boston area. can i ask who did the install and where they are located? Good work?? I'm just trying to get a list of a few good shops together to get some prices.

Hugo

Precision Transmission in Woburn, MA. Did a complete rebuild and added a ZippyPerformance Shift kit and a Yank TT2600 torque converter. the shift kit and TC I got on my own. That would be kind of a haul for you though. They charged me $1800 for all the work and his parts. I had a nasty slip so I needed the transmission. The truck was down for only three days though so it wasn't so bad. and yea, I'm happy with the work. I recommend the shift kit too! The truck never felt this good. Just need my tune.

Keith

There is a gathering in NJ that you should consider on going to in like 3 weeks. It is a great opportunity to meet others as well as check out various mods in person! Lots of trucks going!

Welcom aboard! :cheers: