Congrats to RacerJJ !

06VHO

congrats man!

i dont understand why a track "closes" why dont they just sell it if they are tired of messing with it....seems like tracks are closing all over...and yet the government bitches about street racing? im confused :dunno:

:withstupid::withstupid::withstupid:

congrats man!

i dont understand why a track "closes" why dont they just sell it if they are tired of messing with it....seems like tracks are closing all over...and yet the government bitches about street racing? im confused :dunno:

It's not that they were tired of messing with it. In fact, the owners of LACR very much enjoyed running that track. The problem is that many tracks are on leased land or owned by other entities. Fontana, for example, is owned by ISC Corporation who only really cares about NASCAR. LACR was owned by a Granite Company that owned all of the land. They won some new big contracts and needed the actual ground that the track was sitting on to make more product so bye bye track. It all comes down to money. The only dragstrip that I know of in California that is privately owned is Famoso in Bakersfield. The problem there is that it is still a business which requires one to make money. Because it's so far out in the sticks, their car counts are usually low which means the track (or owner) isn't making any money. Another reason for a track to close. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention noise and polution issues too. Unfortunately, racing in general may be a dying breed, especially for the sportsman drag racer.

It's not that they were tired of messing with it. In fact, the owners of LACR very much enjoyed running that track. The problem is that many tracks are on leased land or owned by other entities. Fontana, for example, is owned by ISC Corporation who only really cares about NASCAR. LACR was owned by a Granite Company that owned all of the land. They won some new big contracts and needed the actual ground that the track was sitting on to make more product so bye bye track. It all comes down to money. The only dragstrip that I know of in California that is privately owned is Famoso in Bakersfield. The problem there is that it is still a business which requires one to make money. Because it's so far out in the sticks, their car counts are usually low which means the track (or owner) isn't making any money. Another reason for a track to close. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention noise and polution issues too. Unfortunately, racing in general may be a dying breed, especially for the sportsman drag racer.

That really blows.................... :banghead::shakehead::tear::cry: