TRANSMISSION!

04blacksss

ok i have blown 2 stock trannies so far in this truck. i need a trans to be able to hold up to the way i drive. what would be the best thing to do besides slow down and drive normal...go all out and spend the money on a race tranny or just get servos, stall, shift kit ext.. on the stock one?

:withstupid: Ive heard alot of good things about the toy shop. Only thing that has kept me from going out there is lack of cash flow lol. Last I heard it was around 4 bills out the door for a shift kit install from there.

damnnn just the shift kid 4 bills thats alot.. any one have any experience with jet performance transmissions they are right by my house

take a trip over to the toy shop and ask them what you should do. they are pretty close to you.

if he is talking about 4 bills for shift kit and installation thats not bad....I found a transgo setup suggested by Mr.P for 200 and thats with shipping...I got a buddy that works in a shop and he said about 125ish for throwing it in...said it should take him 2-3 hours

I have this posted in a few other threads...but here is what I got for 200 at my door in one day

Transgo HD2-C, separator plate, 2nd accumulator piston, Vette 2nd apply servo, billet 4th servo

I have been told 125ish in labor for install which will be done on Monday

imo id go with the toy shop . true you can probably get the parts for around 125-200 and installed for 150 but does that come with any kind of warranty? the toy shop will stand behind their work and if you let them do there thing they will cover it, if you bring them someone else's kit and them do the labor they cant stand behind it.

i had a fully built trans by them and so far its done extremely well, about 25 hard 1/4 mile passes and countless street launches doing awd burnouts.

imo id go with the toy shop . true you can probably get the parts for around 125-200 and installed for 150 but does that come with any kind of warranty? the toy shop will stand behind their work and if you let them do there thing they will cover it, if you bring them someone else's kit and them do the labor they cant stand behind it.

i had a fully built trans by them and so far its done extremely well, about 25 hard 1/4 mile passes and countless street launches doing awd burnouts.

Like Chase said you can't go wrong with a solid shop with a warranty...I live in a Rural community and don't have the options that others do. My buddy works at a shop and will take care of me if problems occur.