TRANSMISSION!

04blacksss

i stopped by a local trans shop that has done a few of my buddys trans on their big trucks. i asked how much for vett servos and shift kit and he priced the shift kit at 350 and the servos 2nd and 4th gear installed 400 bucks soo around 800 bucks total... what u think?

i stopped by a local trans shop that has done a few of my buddys trans on their big trucks. i asked how much for vett servos and shift kit and he priced the shift kit at 350 and the servos 2nd and 4th gear installed 400 bucks soo around 800 bucks total... what u think?

stuff must cost more in CA. That's high IMO. I got the zippy shift kit/servos and TBTC installed for around $1K.

Seriously man, I would just try to come up with the cash or you might have more costly problems down the road. Toy shop has proven themselves to be the best in the business in the Socal area.. and take advantage of living down here and being local because they dont do mail orders like those other guys transmissions you see mentioned on here. These guys are the real deal.. you should have them do a full overhaul to get their warranty and the satisfaction of them fixing the transmissions the right way.

Mike and Kendall over there have even supposedly worked with GM on helping their engineers design better trannies .. they would get a busted tranny, and make recommendations on what to change to make it better.. I think either Mike or Kendall did that at one time if I recall. Those guys are the shit, trust me.

Edited by punkt71 (see edit history)