I went to FL for 2 weeks, now my V-Max feels slow!

Vortec MAX

I just got back from Florida. I was there for two weeks driving a rented Toyota RAV4 with a V6. I know that there is about a 16% horsepower loss from sea level to where I live in Idaho (4,400 ft), but that little RAV4 hauled butt! I get back and drive my Vortec MAX today and it feels SLOOOW. I still beat a Ford F150 today at a stop light, but that's not saying much.

Are those little RAV4's really that fast, or is it the elevation difference???

By the way, I saw a blue SS with a cowl hood and custom grille running down Lutz Lake Fern Road (or something like that) near Odessa. Was that anyone on here?

Mike

I did some searching on the internet and found this article:

Toyota RAV4 Limited 4WD V-6

It claims the little bugger does 0-60 in 6.3 and the quarter in 14.9 @ 94 MPH. If I'm not mistaken, those numbers are nearly identical to the Silverado SS numbers when they tested that.

Being in Florida, without the 16% loss in HP, that little RAV4 felt fast.

I bet my truck would do about those times at sea level, so it is mostly the elevation difference I guess. I will say that if the first to second shift was quicker and firmer in the RAV4, it would probably do a half second quicker on both times. It was pretty soft.

Mike

HAHA!! You had to deal with Florida robbing you of hp. Thats how us florida owners feel after we come back from the track then look 2 see that guys who are stock are running the same times or lower than those who have some bolt ons are. Haha my old 00 ran a 15.6 best and a guy from Indiana ran about .4 better than me and had the same mods. DAMN THIS FLORIDA ROBBING ME OF HP