FUNCTIONAL Intake/ Exhaust MODS For New 2007 GMC 6.0 Liter

bjdtruck

I am looking for intake & exhaust modification ideas for a BRAND NEW (New Style) 2007 GMC Sierra Crew Cab with the vortecMAX trailering package (3.73 gears). I will be getting it within a week or so & want to do the mods ASAP. :cheers:

Please reply with part numbers, cost, links to performance websites, etc. I prefer to stick with GM accessories but will consider others as well. I am told that BORLA makes the GM exhausts... is that true? I looked in a GM performance accessories catalog at a GMC dealer but there wasn't anything listed for the new style trucks with the vortecMAX package (yet?). There is another thread on this site in which people are claiming to use the Silverado SS exhaust listed in that GM catalog. Will that system work on my new truck or are they for the previous generation (2006 & prior) vortecMAX trucks? :dunno:

ANY help is greatly accepted & apprecaited!! THANKS!!! :thumbs:

I have an 07 silverado NBS vmax. I have gone with the Volant CAI (15253) and the Corsa sport cat-back exhaust with the twin tips out the side. I don't know the number on the Corsa but you can find it on their site. I cannot speak on GM accesories but I am completely satisfied with the VOlant and Corsa. The Corsa has a nice mild tone while cruisin around town, but do not let it fool ya. At WOT, the tone is amazing and definitely turns heads.

new body style like what you have but in thinking if you have 6.0 engine then it might fit. zippy would know for sure...i guesss i thought the nbs came with the 6.2 in the vortec max.

I believe the 6.2 comes in the Denali edition only but I am not for sure. The 07 vmax has a 6.0.

new body style like what you have but in thinking if you have 6.0 engine then it might fit. zippy would know for sure...i guesss i thought the nbs came with the 6.2 in the vortec max.

The engine has nothing to do with whether it is going to fit or not. It is how the exhaust is routed and hung.