Bridge disaster could mean gas-tax hike

SSThunder

I hate paying taxes but I'd do it if they would actually do something about the infrastructure and not add the tax to gas prices. Maybe push the price of stamps up $0.05 or something. I never buy stamps but I do buy lots of freaking gas. Just shows you the goverment is stupid. They blow plenty of our money on stupid projects but for a something we really need, they want to tax us. Maybe they should take a pay cut since they seem to get a raise every year and already make over $100K.

I hate paying taxes but I'd do it if they would actually do something about the infrastructure and not add the tax to gas prices. Maybe push the price of stamps up $0.05 or something. I never buy stamps but I do buy lots of freaking gas. Just shows you the goverment is stupid. They blow plenty of our money on stupid projects but for a something we really need, they want to tax us. Maybe they should take a pay cut since they seem to get a raise every year and already make over $100K.

yea i dont buy stamps either!! in the parish i live in tax is 9.3% on the dollar and all our money goes to the historical district in our town :icon_bs:

Why dont we tax the Iraqi people and take money out of THEIR paychecks to cover the costs of the war?

The government is always looking for ways to get us to give them more of the money we earn... yet they blow TRILLIONS on this damn war while our nation's infrastructure is starting to crumble away, and yet we spend all this money to rebuild a piece of crap country that we never should have stepped foot it.

I knew as soon as I saw the pics of Bush stepping his pathetic filanges on the bridge collapse disaster scene, he started brainstorming (or if you can call it that, I dont know if you can call a cornut size piece of flesh a 'brain') about ways he could capitalize and make money for him and his friends. I am sure he saw an opportunity to put blame on a tax increase of some sort, and immediately called his executive business partner Dick Cheney to broker some revenue earning contracts for themselves.

Its sad it takes decades for these types of scandals to take light and people finally do anything. It only happens when former presidents are either dead, or on their death beds to hear confessions and people come out and blow the whistle on the political bullshit that happens everyday.

Edited by punkt71 (see edit history)