WTB: LT Headers

smoke03

Order a set of OBX on ebay...$530 shipped...stainless steel. I would sell you my pace setters but cant afford the obx right now...I like the ability to bolt up a catless system.

well i can get a set of pacesetters for 375 and thats about what i was looking to spend i was just going to see if somebody had some a little cheaper.

well i can get a set of pacesetters for 375 and thats about what i was looking to spend i was just going to see if somebody had some a little cheaper.

pacesetters will require some welding/pipe work for them to fit so add that into your $375 price. The cats have to be moved back some. From what I've read the OBX are just like the dynatech headers. They bolt right into your current exhaust setup so no welding or modification is requierd. I purchased my used dynatech headers off here and installed them myself.

OBX is bolt in, pace setters will require new cats as the stock ones really cant be used (too small of diameter). Expect to spend almost another $300 for cats and pipe fitting etc. I have $600+ into my pace setters...OBX will be the easiest cheapest route you can go unless you can bend and weld everything yourself.

Because they are made in China. I have personally inspected these and would have put them on my truck if I didnt need them. Also, several guys have gotten them on pt.net and have had no issues with them expcept for some clearence issues, but i think that was because they used them on the wrong application. Like 6.0L design on 5.3L engine etc. All of the SS trucks have had no issues.

Because they are made in China. I have personally inspected these and would have put them on my truck if I didnt need them. Also, several guys have gotten them on pt.net and have had no issues with them expcept for some clearence issues, but i think that was because they used them on the wrong application. Like 6.0L design on 5.3L engine etc. All of the SS trucks have had no issues.

Thanks! I'm really torn here. I don't need cats so I don't know which way to go. I got a quote from Jet Hot for a set of Pace Setters coated inside and out for $565 shipped. I'm looking for easy instalation and cost mostly.

RacerJJ, you will spend another $150-200 to find someone to weld in the pace setters. I had to put mine on and drive with open headers to the muffler shop where they bent new piping and tied them into the stock exhaust. The OBX are stainless so you wont have to coat them if you dont want to. The bottom line is the OBX will cost you less and you can put them in yourself in a weekend. If the OBX had been a choice when I was shopping for LT headers, that is the route I would have gone. At the time, my only choices were Pace Setter and Dynatechs...obviously even with $600+ into the pace setters, still far cheaper than dyna.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)