need some tech info on 3 piece wheels

okay well im gonna get them painted the same color as my truck. but i need to take them apart. taking them apart isnt my big worry its the putting back together im worried about because theres a sealing process with silicone. well guys any info would sure help thanks :thumbs:

i would mark them on what holes go where. unbolt all the little bolts around the inner hoop remove the center. are you painting everything or just the center? if just the center you wont have to worry about the slicone. if you do you have to cut the silicone off then re silicone it when you put them back together.

i would mark them on what holes go where. unbolt all the little bolts around the inner hoop remove the center. are you painting everything or just the center? if just the center you wont have to worry about the slicone. if you do you have to cut the silicone off then re silicone it when you put them back together.

thanks :cheers: , by the way do you have an idea where i could buy new bolts?

BTW: you need to get yourself some 24" asanti's

Edited by eddie da chevy guy (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
thanks :cheers: , by the way do you have an idea where i could buy new bolts?

BTW: you need to get yourself some 24" asanti's

3 piece wheels are a very real pain to get apart, and take expert reassmbly to put them together properly. I would have it done by a professional, who may tell you that it is not possible. I've gone through this with 3-piece BBS on a BMW. Good luck.