R8RS4LF has a different kind of rim. much more money but definately one of the nicest ive seen.

oops... riviera is right bout that but they do look alike.... here this is the truck with his rims TruckMeet010.jpg

-Rob

Edited by BlkSSnCpt (see edit history)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have the sting ray centerline rims high polished not coated,

it took me forever and 2 days to get them, their customer support is a joke in my experiance. However, the weight savings is all worth it. The polished finish is very soft and scratches REAL easy. With the rim change and picking a smaller diameter lighter tire i dropped 3 tenths in the quarter. I'm using a 28.7" tall tire and running 2600 rpm at 75 mph

Check here... http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.as...4793324+115+215

They have some 20" Centerlines in stock, so you won't have to deal with the long wait and poor customer service of Centerline direct.

do u have any centerline edge rims in stock? Those are a lot cheaper than the quotes i was getting on the rims. Discount and a couple other rim stores were giving me prices of $500 a rim... Does that sound right for a lightweight 20 inch rim? Because most 20s are like 250 or 300 a rim...

do u have any centerline edge rims in stock? Those are a lot cheaper than the quotes i was getting on the rims. Discount and a couple other rim stores were giving me prices of $500 a rim... Does that sound right for a lightweight 20 inch rim? Because most 20s are like 250 or 300 a rim...

You can get most of those rims cheaper than listed on Summit Racing's site if you order from Centerline directly, or use http://www.centerlinewheels.com to order. Autoguy just posted that link to show what Summit had in stock and could ship quicker than waiting for Centerline to make rims for you directly. Some of those rims listed on Summit are only $169 for 20x8.5 in high polish finish right now...

Or go with the polished ones. I know they are a bit more work, but I have heard of some other companies having trouble with chrome sticking to a forged wheel. I had a friend with a set of Weld Forged wheels that were chrome plated, and I have to send them back after a year or so because the chrome was peeling off. Forged polished wheels are not as hard to keep nice as a cast polished wheel. you can always have them clearcoated too.

Love my Centerlines.... These are the 22" Polished Rapids.

AUT_7183-1.jpg?t=1186712891

AUT_5976.jpg?t=1186712792

oh me want! put on the wish list!!!!

alright thanks for everybodies input. I think im gonna get those rims in 20s. Are those lighter than the stock rims for a regular silverado?

IMO you cannot go wrong with Centerlines; I dropped 105-lbs of rolling weight; if you go with 22's you will have stylin' wheels at stock weight. The only thing I don't like about the 20" rims is that they are only 8.5" wide, I've seriously thought about getting mine widened, we'll see in time. I also bought mine direct from the company, it took 6-weeks for the wheels to be made, chromed, and delivered.

Mr. P. :)

IMO you cannot go wrong with Centerlines; I dropped 105-lbs of rolling weight; if you go with 22's you will have stylin' wheels at stock weight. The only thing I don't like about the 20" rims is that they are only 8.5" wide, I've seriously thought about getting mine widened, we'll see in time. I also bought mine direct from the company, it took 6-weeks for the wheels to be made, chromed, and delivered.

Mr. P. :)

I looked into getting mine made wider as well, but at 250 per wheel I think I'll just sell these and get 20x10 ones made somewhere else.

Or go with the polished ones. I know they are a bit more work, but I have heard of some other companies having trouble with chrome sticking to a forged wheel. I had a friend with a set of Weld Forged wheels that were chrome plated, and I have to send them back after a year or so because the chrome was peeling off. Forged polished wheels are not as hard to keep nice as a cast polished wheel. you can always have them clearcoated too.

Love my Centerlines.... These are the 22" Polished Rapids.

AUT_7183-1.jpg?t=1186712891

AUT_5976.jpg?t=1186712792

i've always loved your rims dude. they look great... and your interior is what i wish i can do but my responsible half doesn't let me. i prefer to just save the money and invest or something...it's quite a dilemma let me tell you. either way..nice truck, i love it

ES :flag:

• 2 weeks later...
i've always loved your rims dude. they look great... and your interior is what i wish i can do but my responsible half doesn't let me. i prefer to just save the money and invest or something...it's quite a dilemma let me tell you. either way..nice truck, i love it

ES :flag:

Thanks, I am really happy with the look, quality and finish of these wheels. my truck rarely sees the light of day let alone bad weather, so maintenence it not an issue for me.

As far as the interior goes, I really wanted to set it apart from every other Silverado on the road, including my 2006 Duramax Crew Cab that has the exact same color leather. I always thought the SS fell a little short in the interior dept., so I made it the way I wanted it. I say just do it and there will be more money to invest later.

• 3 weeks later...

ok so i bought these rims and they are suppossed to be here on the 18th of october. Now i have to get tires... Im thinking Nitto 420s 275/55R20. Whats everyones opinion on tires and tire sizes. I dropped the back end 2 inches to level it out too