zanio pros come on in!

okay guys my truck is in desperate need of a good detail i want to zanio her asap but im an idiot when comes down to it so i need to know what products you guys use and then a break down of the process, thanks guys any 411 will be greatly appreciated! :cheers: after seeing SS SILV'S truck i look at mine and reliazed my truck need a good detail.

Edited by eddie da chevy guy (see edit history)

read your thread very intersting and helpful thanks dylan :thumbs::cheers: , wheres all the zanio guys @???

Man the whole time I was thinking this was a thread about ZAINO .. then I realized this whole time you are talking about ZANIO! :crazy::jester:

Wish I could help you more

I dont know about everyone else or how much effort you are willing to put into your truck but me I just did mine a couple weeks ago and I just simply used turtle wax ice liquid clay bar (I know its liquid form but it really does a good job) and then I followed up with the zaino all in one and then topped it off the with z8 grand finale spray and i tell you it makes the paint really smooth and looks great. i will let you guys know how long the wax holds up but even after it raining 2 days straight here the truck still looks great and the water beads really well for only one coat of zaino. hope this helps or gets you started anyway

If you got the zaino kit it should include instructions. I did my truck last year and it pretty much lasted a year. The finish was great and all the truck required to be clean was a run through a touchless car wash most times. I did have to wash it by hand a few times. I cleaned the truck with dish detergent first to remove other waxes and stuff. Then clay barred it. Next I did 2 coats of zaino. I think I used Z5 with ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator Additive. Then used Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray then do it again(Z5,Z6). Might have been Z2 instead of Z5 but I can't remember. It's been a year. :banghead:

EDIT: I think I washed it with the zaino car wash before/after the clay bar :dunno:

Edited by SSThunder (see edit history)

I dont know about everyone else or how much effort you are willing to put into your truck but me I just did mine a couple weeks ago and I just simply used turtle wax ice liquid clay bar (I know its liquid form but it really does a good job) and then I followed up with the zaino all in one and then topped it off the with z8 grand finale spray and i tell you it makes the paint really smooth and looks great. i will let you guys know how long the wax holds up but even after it raining 2 days straight here the truck still looks great and the water beads really well for only one coat of zaino. hope this helps or gets you started anyway

There was an extensive review and writeup by a member on the ICE liquid claybar on Autopia.org... pretty much it was determined that its nothing more than a cleaner wax, it doesn't have any of the contamination removal properties of a claybar. More than anything I think Turtle Wax was trying to capitalize on consumer ignorance with that name. If you're at an autoparts store and see all these waxes something that says "LIQUID CLAYBAR" stands out more than "Cleaner Wax".

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)

Go to Zainostore.com and read, read, and do some more reading. They did a real good job of explain each product and how to apply, these directions are accurate and won't lie. USE THEM.

I think the most important tip when applying the wax is to go real LIGHT on the coats, it is very easy to over due it with Zaino.

Also, use the Search button on this forum, this topic has been discussed already

People are making it seem like using Zaino is complete pain in the ass to use, but it's really not. Don't do it all in one day, make a weekend out of it and have some fun. Invite some friends over, have a few beers, and wax the truck :cheers: I meen we spent a good amount of money on our SS's, why not spend a good amount of time making it look good.

Also, maybe give DER a try I am sure it is a great product. Dylans's "how-to" does a real good job explaining the process.

If you got the zaino kit it should include instructions. I did my truck last year and it pretty much lasted a year. The finish was great and all the truck required to be clean was a run through a touchless car wash most times. I did have to wash it by hand a few times. I cleaned the truck with dish detergent first to remove other waxes and stuff. Then clay barred it. Next I did 2 coats of zaino. I think I used Z5 with ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator Additive. Then used Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray then do it again(Z5,Z6). Might have been Z2 instead of Z5 but I can't remember. It's been a year. :banghead:

EDIT: I think I washed it with the zaino car wash before/after the clay bar :dunno:

I have always avoided car washes, because their soap contains high amounts of detergent to quickly get off road grime and grease. The side effect? It takes off your wax in the process... That includes 'hand wash' places and touchless car wash machines.

I think the most important tip when applying the wax is to go real LIGHT on the coats, it is very easy to over due it with Zaino.

100% :withstupid:

The biggest mistake most people make with almost any product is using TOO MUCH... using too much product is just as bad as not using enough. When you slather on heavy coats of product it never has a chance to cure completely.

I have always avoided car washes, because their soap contains high amounts of detergent to quickly get off road grime and grease. The side effect? It takes off your wax in the process... That includes 'hand wash' places and touchless car wash machines.

Very true... the stuff most assembly line car washes use is formulated to strip dirt and grime as quickly as possible and this is detrimental to your protective wax or sealer. Even worse is the brushes and stuff that the average car wash uses... those spinning brushes are rarely (if ever cleaned) so the contaminants from all the vehicles that went thru before you are still on there... being dragged across your paint at a high rate of speed.

:shakehead: