cats killed my truck

nastyss

I have heard of clogged cats causing huge power loss, but at the point that happens the cats usually glow molten hot when the engine's running... I would think that the truck is putting you in 'limp home mode' because it sees a failure somewhere...

Get is fixed soon!! blinking SES means 'fix me now!!!'

cats are in the mail i will have to ride the harley all week hope it stays nice out here in new england worst thing is after i knew the cats were on there way out and after i got em shipped someone drove into the side of my bed.

Coming from me being an ASE Tech. I blinking SES Light, is stating there is a Catalyst Damagine Misfire, it is ungrounding injectors to try to regulate the damage...

None the less, yes a blogged cat will DAMPER all ranges of efficiency..Power, MPG as well as build up excessive heat. Generally prolonged ignorign of a clogged cat, can cause the Combustion chamber to opperate at excessively high temps eating up Exhaust Valve seats, and possibly leading to warped, and cracked heads....

NastySS, make sure it's a good aftermarket cat. I don't know if you have an aftermarket warranty, or service contract on your truck, but speaking from seeing things at work. Any downstream O2 sensor is calibrated for the stock cat. It could throw a rationality code possibly not being OEM.

Are your cats stock? Doesn't GM have an extended warrentee on the cats? At least that's what I heard.

:withstupid: By Federal Law, GM warranties catalytic converters for 8 years or 80,000 miles........its in your owners manual warranty guide. :chevy: