Pioneer AVIC-D3

I'm thinking of getting a pair of the Pioneer AVIC-D3 double din units for my SSS and for my wifes 07 Chevy Colorado. I'm looking for some input from those of you that do have them! What do you like about them? What don't you like about them? For those of you that do have them, please post up some pics for me. Here is a link off of Pioneers website. Pioneer AVIC-D3 Thanks.

Adrian

I just got a quote for this unit. seems like a good deal i am going to do this in a couple weeks :thumbs:

I' ve read a lot of reviews on the unit all seems good. the only thing that comes up is the navi, you have to have the map cd in to load directions. then take it out to play dvds/cd. but it still seems the head unit for me. i would like to hear who else has one.

I love kenwood and I still dont think anything beats the way they sound, with that being said, most people wont be able to tell the differance.

the D3 is a pretty awsome deck Ive installed about 10 of them (yea I know thats not ALOT but ive gotten to play a little bit)

pros

*its really cheap in price for an DD indash nav (2 years ago it would of been over $2000)

*its easy to use and navigate

*intergrates very well with iPod

*easy bypass

*looks nice (and botton backlight color can be changed to match interior in a menu)

cons

*1 DVD/CD slot (if you wanna use the nav and you need to insert the disk you have to take your CD/DVD out and insert the nav dvd... but if you have an iPod or Sat Radio its not as bad)

*smaller screen then others (most have 6.5" or 7" the D3 has 6.1 but its really not that noticable and dosent seem small)

*no remote (if you get a pioneer remote it will work with it though)

if you buy them from a store that offers a service plan or extended warr. of somekind I would recomend it though, but make sure it covers the screen and internal problems as from MY personal experience they do not have much of a protection in them.

Edited by Chevrolet SS (see edit history)

I've read the reviews on the AVIC-D3 and I like what I have read about it. I want the best unit for the money and I think its the D3. I've gotten a quote of $1700 for two of them installed with a 100% parts/labor warranty. Does that sound like a good price on them? The installer told me that he usually sells them for $1000 installed.

Adrian

have you checked out Valor..alot of people rave about them and I just bought one form Smoke03 on here and its going in wed. Alot of bang for your buck IMO.

I've checked out the Valor also. Its not really what I'm looking for. I also would like to stick with a brand name company on this big of a purchase.

I have the D2 in my SS... AWESOME unit, and the D3 is even better... I say go for it. Make sure you get the steering wheel control interface !

I was told I would get the steering wheel controls also with the instillation at the price he quoted me.