Some of my best work yet...

Started at 9am on my brothers avalanche... sadly this thing hasn't seen a coat of wax or a quality washing since shortly after he got it... as you can see from the before shots he is NOT following the tips for limiting swirls & scratches to the paint... this is perfect evidence of what poor wash habits and occasional trips to the car wash (even the hand wash) will do to your paint... BTW this was AFTER I HAD WASHED IT :shakehead:

image0001.jpg

image0002.jpg

I intended to get a lot more shots of it in process, but with the 90+ degree temp, the constantly changing ambient light, and the fact I worked a double yesterday I just got a couple.

Process was as follows:

• Washed with DER Stuff car soap, 2 bucket method w/ 2 grit gaurds & sheep skin mit.
  • Wheels cleaned with 50% simple green - water mixture, coarse wheel brush for rubber and fenders, boars hair brush and mf mit for rims.
  • Dried with white waffle weave microfiber towel & air compressor.
  • Clayed with Adams purple clay.
  • Trim treated with Adams V.R.T. + wheel wells w/ invisible undercarriage spray
  • 1 pass w/ orange durafoam pad on PC w/ Swirl & Haze Remover for the heavy scratches.
  • 1 pass w/ white durafoam pad on PC w/ Fine Machine Polish to eliminate some of the trails left by the orange pad and any remaining swirls.
  • 1 pass w/ gray durafoam pad on PC w/ Machine Superwax for depth (cured for 2 hours)
  • Sealed w/ Optiseal :D (STUFF IS ****ING AMAZING!! Thanks Chris @ GGD!!)
  • Wheels polished by hand with mothers Chrome Polish, sealed w/ Rejex

This was my test panel... this was the first pass w/ the orange pad and S&HR

image0003.jpg

image0004.jpg

After the white pad and fine machine polish

image0005.jpg

image0006.jpg

image0007.jpg

As you can tell it was hard getting a good angle on the light... the sun was starting to come into the garage, there were next to no defects left after this... just a few minor pits and a scratch that was too deep to buff out

image0009.jpg

THE FINAL RESULTS!! :cool:

image0010.jpg

image0011.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so i think i am going to have to come out there before our next g2g for a detail... sometime in the next couple of weeks... but since i am 2 hours away, i gotta find something to do for 6 hours too... lol...

Whenever yer ready LMK... you could always hang out for a little bit... theres a fridge in the garage, always stocked with beers... and if we run out my neighbor works for Budweiser so he'll hook us up with more. Theres also victoria gardens just 5 minutes from my place... tons of stuff to do there.

I'm borrowing a couple of your ideas :D That is nothing short of amazing.

Mr. P. :)

C'mon now... I've seen some of your pics of black paint and you don't need any help... what ideas could you possibly be borrowing??

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)