VOLANT instructions SUCK

smoke03

how close to the brake cooler ducts did you run the pvc pipe to?...do i need to use anything for the scoop itself?

Brake cooler ducts? Not sure what you are talking about. I ran mine from the bottom of the box(which has the 3" hole) straight down behind the wheel well, and turned it into the scoop. I had to tie the wheel well back, so the tire wouldn't rub, also strapped the 3" piping with a large zip tie. I used larger (5") that was reduced into a 3" for the scoop. I'll get some pics for you tomorrow.

Brake cooler ducts? Not sure what you are talking about. I ran mine from the bottom of the box(which has the 3" hole) straight down behind the wheel well, and turned it into the scoop. I had to tie the wheel well back, so the tire wouldn't rub, also strapped the 3" piping with a large zip tie. I used larger (5") that was reduced into a 3" for the scoop. I'll get some pics for you tomorrow.

...sweet...thanks because i want the scoop but i dont want the 160.00 dollar pricetag

Sorry it took so long, but here you go. Don't know why the pics came out so crappy. I still have to touch up all the paint and strap, but it still works good.

Option#1

Use 4" PVC piping (cut to fit to the Volant box) with a 5"x10" a/c duct for the scoop. It pretty much fits right over the air scoop. Just have to figure out how to attach it.

DSC00562.jpg

DSC00563.jpg

Option# 2

Use a 5" round PVC reduced to a 3" to fit the 3" PVC pipe (I'm using this one for now)

DSC00555.jpg

DSC00556.jpg

Everything looks kind of cheezy right now, but it's been like 110* outside. I'll make it look better when it cools off. You guys get the general idea.