Sad Sad Pictures

Fireman31

But it is SuUpercharged from the factory.....I just read it in the new Autoweek.

even worse. that only make what max 220 hp? they could have at least dropped in the turbo ecotec use din the sky redline and the solstice gxp . a bit better with 260 hp.

i dont know maybe its just me but the whole pt cruiser hhr thing just isnt for me .

even worse. that only make what max 220 hp? they could have at least dropped in the turbo ecotec use din the sky redline and the solstice gxp . a bit better with 260 hp.

i dont know maybe its just me but the whole pt cruiser hhr thing just isnt for me .

Actually is says 260 HP Supercharged 2.0l, 5 Speed Trans, Unique Exterior and interior parts, performance 18" Michelin Pilot Sport rubber, and 4 wheel disc brakes, and enough suspension tuning (at the Nurburgring no less), to generate up to .86g of lateral grip. (Taken from 8/20/07 Autoweek.

Either way, it's still UGLY!!!

Id rather have whats left of that burned up Chevy than to drive a fckin HHR!

Seriously.. is Chevy killin the SS name or what? What happened to SS standing for pure muscle and performance.... and even it meaning something called 'Super Sport' .... well, then again lets no forget that when the 'SS' package came out back in 1961 it was just an appearance package for the Impala, and not for performance.. than later in the 60's they made it a high performance package. Maybe they want to go back to the whole appearance package thing.. who knows..

They need to only keep the SS package for the Blue Devil, the new Camaro, the Silverado and TBSS (but either supercharge it or put an LS3 in it).. that should be the only current model Chevy's allowed to have an SS badge on it.

Monte Carlos SS? :dunno:

Cobalt SS? :nonod:

Malibu SS? :sigh:

Impala SS? :wtf:

HHR SS? :puke::puke::puke:

No thanks

Id rather have whats left of that burned up Chevy than to drive a fckin HHR!

Seriously.. is Chevy killin the SS name or what? What happened to SS standing for pure muscle and performance.... and even it meaning something called 'Super Sport' .... well, then again lets no forget that when the 'SS' package came out back in 1961 it was just an appearance package for the Impala, and not for performance.. than later in the 60's they made it a high performance package. Maybe they want to go back to the whole appearance package thing.. who knows..

They need to only keep the SS package for the Blue Devil, the new Camaro, the Silverado and TBSS (but either supercharge it or put an LS3 in it).. that should be the only current model Chevy's allowed to have an SS badge on it.

Monte Carlos SS? :dunno:

Cobalt SS? :nonod:

Malibu SS? :sigh:

Impala SS? :wtf:

HHR SS? :puke::puke::puke:

No thanks

they made Monte Carlo SS way before a silverado SS, a malibu SS was made way back when, impala SS as well. and i do agree teh HHR and cobalt shouldnt have SS badges.

i like silverado SS but lets face it...whats so special about one? they were made to be in the same category as the lightning and Srt-10. the SSS cant even come close to either one of the in stock form. back in 03 there were a few articles being done on what is considerd a SS. and then they ran a RCSB 5.3 silver and it walked the SSS. they referred to this truck as the real deal, hell even the 454SS were dogs of their time.

yes the name is over used but lets be fair the SS was used on alot of things in the 60s/70s. some of the claimed SS vehicles would run circles around those older SS models including todays MCSS/ImpSS/BUSS

SS shouldnt be on the corvette and the TBSS should be named something else. its bascially a rescaled Typhoon. give it a unique name instead of adding SS to it. if GM wanted a "muscle truck" then they should of used a RCSB 6sp or auto and 6.0. but instead they chose to build a 15s truck for 40k. the SSS is mainly a conversation piece in stock trim. has to many unessacary options for a performance vehicle.....hell they ruined a Z06... first Z was cheaper then the vette had less options and was soley a performance vehicle but those damm yuppies got involved..... if your looking for a perfomance vehicle your not looking for unneeded shit

ok rant off

Actually is says 260 HP Supercharged 2.0l, 5 Speed Trans, Unique Exterior and interior parts, performance 18" Michelin Pilot Sport rubber, and 4 wheel disc brakes, and enough suspension tuning (at the Nurburgring no less), to generate up to .86g of lateral grip. (Taken from 8/20/07 Autoweek.

Either way, it's still UGLY!!!

i read today that it is the turbocharged 2.0 and its gonna have 260 hp with a 5 spd. you can also get a 4 spd auto but the power drops like 40 hp. chevy is actually gettin rid of the supercharger. thats why they stopped the cobalt ss supercharged. some emissions BS.