Interior Detailing?

NashSS

Ok well a couple weeks ago I just waxed my truck with zaino all in one and it is holding awesome and the truck still looks good so I'm satisfied with my exterior results now I want to focus on the interior. 1. I have problems getting my windows streak free and I use invisible glass by stoners and it will look good outside but as soon as I go driving at night underneath some lights its a whole different story. 2. dash, door panels and such. Ive used black magic in the past and turtle f21 with good results but it leaves my dash and shiney which i dont mind but it leaves it slick as hell and annoys me. I have used meguiars quik interior mist with good results but i didnt know if there was anything better out there. 3 seats. I have bought some meguiars liquid leather cleaner and conditioner which i havent used yet im just wanting to get some ideas on whats better because I want to keep my seats showing as little wear and cracking as possible. Thanks guys.

1- Invisible Glass is one of the best glass cleaners out there, a little buffing with a clean dry microfiber cloth will take care of your streaking problem

2- I use Meguiars Gold Class Protectant Wipes, I wipe it on, let it sit for an hour or so, then wipe it with a clean microfiber cloth.....it gets rid of that greasy/slick feeling and leaves a nice rich luster

3- I use Meguiars Gold Class Rich Leather Wipes on my seats every 2 weeks or so, and I use the same procedure as the dash.....

:chevy:

1- Invisible Glass is one of the best glass cleaners out there, a little buffing with a clean dry microfiber cloth will take care of your streaking problem

2- I use Meguiars Gold Class Protectant Wipes, I wipe it on, let it sit for an hour or so, then wipe it with a clean microfiber cloth.....it gets rid of that greasy/slick feeling and leaves a nice rich luster

3- I use Meguiars Gold Class Rich Leather Wipes on my seats every 2 weeks or so, and I use the same procedure as the dash.....

:chevy:

Thats the problem I do use a clean microfiber and it still happens ive heard of using a newspaper for polishing them up and leaves it streak free. Anyone ever tried it?

Thats the problem I do use a clean microfiber and it still happens ive heard of using a newspaper for polishing them up and leaves it streak free. Anyone ever tried it?

My dad used to use newspaper to clean the windows. He thought it worked great. I've never tried it. I use a damp chamois to wipe them down.

I use the same glass cleaner as you NashSS. I wipe with a white shop towel (the throw away kind) until it's dry, then buff with a dry terrycloth towel to get rid of residue/streaks. I've tried newspaper too, but I always end up tearing it and getting fingerprints on the clean glass.

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

newspaper with amonia on the windows works well too,

for the seats the zaino shit is awesome , the leather conditioer and cleaner. the smell is even better.

:withstupid::withstupid::withstupid:

The trick with cleaning windows is (1) don't spray the stoner's directly on the windows, instead spray the stoners on the paper, then apply the paper to the glass; (2) wipe the outside of the windows in one direction (like left-to-right) and then the inside the other direction (up-and-down) that way when you look through the glass you can tell if the streaks are inside or outside. I also detail my truck inside the garage and shine a 500W halogen light through the windows as I clean them, I can see the streaks then.

Zaino leather conditioner all the way - I use the cleaner with a white cloth so I can tell when it's clean, and I just work the conditioner into the leather with my bare hands like lotion.

Mr. P. :)

I like to use Meguiars Vinyl and Rubber protectant, it works and smells great. I cut it 50/50 with water, it cuts down on the oily greasy look and leaves your dash nice and clean.

Like others have said, Zaino leather in a bottle is amazing. But if you want something you can find in stores, try Zymol leather clean and conditioner, I think it works just as well as Zaino and it also smells the same. You can buy it at Target. Also, if you can find Duragloss leather treatment, you will get similar results. They sell Duragloss at Car Quest, Duragloss makes a great product.

1. I have problems getting my windows streak free and I use invisible glass by stoners and it will look good outside but as soon as I go driving at night underneath some lights its a whole different story.

Sounds like you may have a silicone based product that left some residual behind. Stoners is great stuff, but if theres any oily product on there when you spray it on you're not getting the best results. Next time you wash claybar your windows, clean off the residue with a damp cloth, go back over them with Stoners and a MF glass towel, finish off with your preferred sealer (whatever your LSP is - zaino, der, optimum, etc)

2. dash, door panels and such. Ive used black magic in the past and turtle f21 with good results but it leaves my dash and shiney which i dont mind but it leaves it slick as hell and annoys me. I have used meguiars quik interior mist with good results but i didnt know if there was anything better out there.

Again, you need to get rid of all the residual product before putting new product down. Use a mixture of soapy water (little bit of car wash soap and water) and clean all your plastic surfaces completely... use a terry towel for this to scour as much off as you can... this might take a couple of times going over, but basically you want to clean it until it looks matte and dry. Apply your dressing - use a WATER BASED dressing with a plasticizing agent in it for best results.... 99% of the time I use Adams VRT b/c (like you stated) I don't like the greasy shiney look... just a little bit of shine is good to me. I posted pics at the bottom to give you an idea of what the finish looks like. As for applicators I like block foam, absorbs a lot of product and distributes evenly without leaving any heavy spots. You can get these cheap from most detail suppliers:

43.jpg

I also use this stuff for vents, small cracks, and hard to reach places. Just spray on and thats it... great if you have a hard time getting into the crevices or your AC vents with a regular dressing and applicator:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-58-in-out-spray.aspx

3 seats. I have bought some meguiars liquid leather cleaner and conditioner which i havent used yet im just wanting to get some ideas on whats better because I want to keep my seats showing as little wear and cracking as possible. Thanks guys.

The common misconception with our (GM trucks) leather is that you have to use some super leather protectant... fact is GM coats the leather with a clear coat protectant stuff so theres really not much you can do. I only use leather cleaners b/c they offer a smell "like leather" otherwise pretty much any dressing you use or plastic of vinyl will work just as well. The exception to this is the areas that start to crease or crack... potentially that factory protective layer is gone so using leather conditioner there to prevent further damage is usually a good idea. Meguires Gold Class is a good OTC product, Zaino also has an excellent leather treatment.

Heres how the VRT finishes up... nice semigloss without all the greasiness:

image0001.jpg

image0002.jpg

image0003.jpg

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)

Sounds like you may have a silicone based product that left some residual behind. Stoners is great stuff, but if theres any oily product on there when you spray it on you're not getting the best results. Next time you wash claybar your windows, clean off the residue with a damp cloth, go back over them with Stoners and a MF glass towel, finish off with your preferred sealer (whatever your LSP is - zaino, der, optimum, etc)

Again, you need to get rid of all the residual product before putting new product down. Use a mixture of soapy water (little bit of car wash soap and water) and clean all your plastic surfaces completely... use a terry towel for this to scour as much off as you can... this might take a couple of times going over, but basically you want to clean it until it looks matte and dry. Apply your dressing - use a WATER BASED dressing with a plasticizing agent in it for best results.... 99% of the time I use Adams VRT b/c (like you stated) I don't like the greasy shiney look... just a little bit of shine is good to me. I posted pics at the bottom to give you an idea of what the finish looks like. As for applicators I like block foam, absorbs a lot of product and distributes evenly without leaving any heavy spots. You can get these cheap from most detail suppliers:

43.jpg

I also use this stuff for vents, small cracks, and hard to reach places. Just spray on and thats it... great if you have a hard time getting into the crevices or your AC vents with a regular dressing and applicator:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-58-in-out-spray.aspx

The common misconception with our (GM trucks) leather is that you have to use some super leather protectant... fact is GM coats the leather with a clear coat protectant stuff so theres really not much you can do. I only use leather cleaners b/c they offer a smell "like leather" otherwise pretty much any dressing you use or plastic of vinyl will work just as well. The exception to this is the areas that start to crease or crack... potentially that factory protective layer is gone so using leather conditioner there to prevent further damage is usually a good idea. Meguires Gold Class is a good OTC product, Zaino also has an excellent leather treatment.

Heres how the VRT finishes up... nice semigloss without all the greasiness:

image0001.jpg

image0002.jpg

image0003.jpg

NICE :thumbs:

i want that steering wheel

yes and it works great.

I use the same glass cleaner as you NashSS. I wipe with a white shop towel (the throw away kind) until it's dry, then buff with a dry terrycloth towel to get rid of residue/streaks. I've tried newspaper too, but I always end up tearing it and getting fingerprints on the clean glass.

you have to crumple it up so your fingers dont slip through a single sheet.

Crumpled up newspaper works excellently from my experiences...

:withstupid: same here, i thought it was funny when i first heard about it.. i was thinking thats what bums use at a redlight?... but i tried it and have used it ever since.