Few question regarding the SS

BrettSS

Make it short, We are getting a SS in the spring time in 2008 so im stoked on getting my dream truck. We will start to look around Winter time and into Spring to find the best one we can get our hands on and its going to be a Onyx SS

I just got some questions to ask and opinions you guys can give me.

1) 2WD or AWD? , We live in Las Vegas so we wont hit snow at all only if we go to the mountains which we usually dont do often and we travel mostly to California and Utah. I was thinking maybe going with the AWD and maybe putting a Turbo on. Or do a 2WD with S/C .

2) How long do SS's usually last millage wise and what are the major/common problems you can encounter with your truck?

Lastly, how much do you love your truck. I just cant wait to cruise in it and smoke some people after I get some mods on it. :yellow_loser:

Thanks for ur time :)

My truck and I are old pals, I have so much fun with it. If you take care of your truck it should last a long time. Some of the problems that I have heard of is the steering column thing, with mods the trans going out. I bought an 07 so I didn't have an option for AWD, if I did have an option I would have opted for the AWD just because it gets off the line a little better, and to drop a boat would be nice to have the AWD. Like Fireman said the search fuction is amazing and a key to almost all the information you need or want to know.

-Lance

I LOVE my truck it's an 06 in black, no complaint here exept black is the hardest to keep clean and seeing that u stay in the desert it might harder to keep the dust off... AWD's definatlly have a better take off but because of the extra wight which isnt much more both AWD's and 2WD's r basicly the same in the quater mile... god luck...

-Rob

i more than love mine and have every intention of keeping it forever and mine is an 03 awd with 67000 miles on it and still runs like new i would not trade it for anything oh yeah and it is ARRIVAL BLUE AND AWD it is theeeeee best color on the SSS

post-6481-1187621202_thumb.jpg

post-6481-1187621226_thumb.jpg

Sweet guys, ill use the search function more to find some answers, but I havent been able to find if I should get a Turbo or S/C for a AWD.

This is going to be the longest 6 months of my life hahaha. I love these trucks so much, I freak out when I see them in town.

:chevy:

get the truck then start blowing your money! I would get a turbo. and a spare trans:)

start your shopping here we often have the best selection of used SS and alot of them are modded already. Save your self some trouble and buy one with a radix already on it!

i think my truck was the best thing thats ever happend to me i love it and would never get rid of it and what i mean by the best thing is yes i have spent alot of money on mods and things but that money could have gone some place else like out on the streets in somone elses hands so im gratefull for mine and that i got me more than just a hobby its a passion and i plan on geting SS tattooed on my upper back with trible under it so u will be in love the first time u smash on the gas :D

i think my truck was the best thing thats ever happend to me i love it and would never get rid of it and what i mean by the best thing is yes i have spent alot of money on mods and things but that money could have gone some place else like out on the streets in somone elses hands so im gratefull for mine and that i got me more than just a hobby its a passion and i plan on geting SS tattooed on my upper back with trible under it so u will be in love the first time u smash on the gas :D

I'm winded after reading that......