Took out a TBSS

BlackSS04

tonight i was out getting food when i came across a kid in a TBSS. he guned it along side of me and then the light turned red up ahead. we were at the light together talking and we both agreed to race. he said it was completely stock so that made me happy. so before then light turns i brake stall it to 28 hundo and shoot out of the whole when it goes green. i pull right off the bat and by 50 i had a truck and i held it to 80 were we had to shut down and i still had a truck on him. he was not happy at the next light but i told him what i had and he simmered down. :jester: and he didn't want to go again. i don't blame him. :jester:

mark another kill. :chevy:

Edited by BlackSS04 (see edit history)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good run... but killing a tbss is like killing a family member... shame on you for bragging about the death of a bowtie...

and again... good run!

thanks, and i'll brag any chance i can get. :jester: i know its one of our beloved bowties, but a kill is a kill in my book.

tonight i was out getting food when i came across a kid in a TBSS. he guned it along side of me and then the light turned red up ahead. we were at the light together talking and we both agreed to race. he said it was completely stock so that made me happy. so before then light turns i brake stall it to 28 grand and shoot out of the whole when it goes green. i pull right off the bat and by 50 i had a truck and i held it to 80 were we had to shut down and i still had a truck on him. he was not happy at the next light but i told him what i had and he simmered down. :jester: and he didn't want to go again. i don't blame him. :jester:

mark another kill. :chevy:

Have you been to a track with your current mods? If so, what sort of times are you putting down? I ran 14.39et before the LT's and was now thinkning of a stall and zippy shift kit. If you pulled on theTBSS im thinking your about 13.7ish +/- a tenth?

Have you been to a track with your current mods? If so, what sort of times are you putting down? I ran 14.39et before the LT's and was now thinkning of a stall and zippy shift kit. If you pulled on theTBSS im thinking your about 13.7ish +/- a tenth?

I haven't been to the track yet. I'm waiting untill by buddy finishes his vortech blower install on his 01 formula and then it's on. I will definetly post the results for you guys. i'll do 2 runs just mashing the gas and 2 runs trying to stall it. it will be my first time going to the track so any advice would be greatly appreciated. and i can imagine stalling it at the right time will be hard. it's gunna take some getting used to.

lol 28 hundred if i had to guess? although 28 grand does sound cooler.

yea, i said grand by an accident. i wish i reved that high though.

Edited by BlackSS04 (see edit history)

the street is hard for the TBSS to make up what he lost on the start. If you were at the track he would have walked up to you and pulled past in the second 1/8...if he was stock his TM was holding him back, a good lite is important when racing them...I have done about 1/2 my racing against my boys TBSS w/just a tune and he usually beats me. UNless I get a good rt then its up to how good he got off the line.

racing is racing, 1 winner 1 loser, and fun the whole way down the track:)

I race my friend in his TBSS all the time, and each time I leave him lookin' at my tails! lol Isn't that right, BlkTbSS07? ;)

I'm slightly more modded than him so that is why, but it's still fun and funny to leave him behind and be like "haha you just got beat by a GIRL!" :driving: It's all just for sh*ts and giggles. :crazy::jester:

If you were at the track he would have walked up to you and pulled past in the second 1/8...if he was stock his TM was holding him back

he was stock and he wasn't pulling on me at all by 80 were we had to let up because of traffic. i think i would of had him in the 1/4. now if he was tuned, that would have been a different story.