This one is for all you supercharged guys!

eddieo818

66K miles or so on the truck now, 40K with the Radix... Still on my first transmission.

Also great! I notice you are running a 2.9" pulley. What tune are you running? How many full throttle 1-2 shifts have you done?

I love the power my truck has now, without the SC. I am worried I will kill the tranny when I get my Magnacharger. I probably have 100 full throttle 1-2 shifts on the truck now, and I have only driven it 9,000 miles.

What can I say, I love that 1-2 shift :)

Mike

But this was a built trans??? Or was it still stock?

Mike

fully built , no matter what you will have to build a decent tranny once you put some power to it. i dont care if someone does have a stock trans and it last a while. if you drive the truck wot on any kind of basis your stock trans will break.

if you drive the truck wot on any kind of basis your stock trans will break.

So true...I actually make decisions to race someone based on if its worth risking my trans or not. Before the radix, I would run anyone who wanted a go, I didnt care. But now, with the radix, I wont race just any nissan, or honda, etc. that wants to hear my truck go WOT. I simply wont do it anymore. Now, if its a vette, mustang, etc. I am more likely willing to play with it. If I use WOT to pass, I try to do it on one gear and not shift to the next one. I havealmot 4k miles on my radix and the trans is still going strong. No track passes and a majority of my driving is highway. I do have a shift kit and servos to put in, which I always say I am going to do...but never get around to it.

if you drive the truck wot on any kind of basis your stock trans will break.

Well, I was planning on leaving some TM in when I get the SC, or even leaving the Magnacharger tune alone. I also plan to upgrade the servos (which may require a re-tune anyway), and a deep tranny pan with cooling vanes. I already have a tranny cooler (V-Max's come stock with one). I also have the 4L70E which is supposed to be a bit stronger.

I never really give it WOT much past the 1-2 shift unless I am passing someone on a highway.

How much more should I do?

Mike

Wow, that's great! How many full throttle 1-2 shifts have you made with the SC. This is where I worry the most.

Also, are you running the tune that came with the Magnacharger, or is it custom?

I want to be like you when my truck grows up :)

Mike

No way to count how many full throttle runs I have done :D It has been less for the last year and a half, since I don't commute to work any more (working from home :thumbs: ). But once or twice a week would be a good guess.

Also great! I notice you are running a 2.9" pulley. What tune are you running? How many full throttle 1-2 shifts have you done?

I love the power my truck has now, without the SC. I am worried I will kill the tranny when I get my Magnacharger. I probably have 100 full throttle 1-2 shifts on the truck now, and I have only driven it 9,000 miles.

What can I say, I love that 1-2 shift :)

Mike

Tune: Tuned myself

Couldn't begin to count the number of 1-2 WOT shifts, but it's spent a full day tuning on the dyno, towed a heavy load across the country, has had a few near-WOT 4-3 downshifts at over 100mph. Have yet to feel it slip once.

I blew my tranny several times when it WASNT supercharged... had it built completely by the Toy Shop (still NA) then threw a Radix on it, and the tranny still runs as good as the day it came out of the Toy Shop. Now its NA again and running as good as ever.

This should be the rule of thumb: If you have the $$ for a supercharger... BUILD YOUR TRANNY because its not IF it will blow, its WHEN and how fast.

I think anyone thinking of going FI on these trucks needs to think about the tranny first, then buy the supercharger. If not, get your AAA card ready!

I put a Procharger on at about 2.5K and have 30K on it now. I took it to Zippy to get a shift kit, servos, and a Zippy tune and they dropped the Tranny and immediately gave me call. I had all kinds of metal shavings in the pan.....ooooops! I did drive the crap out of that truck and was pretty surprised when it lasted that long.