I'm thinkin about gettin my shift kit from the Toy Shop in Pomona instead of doin the transgo. Just wanted to see if anyone else on here has used thier kit and how they liked it? I talked to Kendall and he seems like a good guy, I just wanted some more feedback on their product. Thanks :driving:

i think dylan just had his SSS dont by them not his tbss.

i do have their shift kit and alot more though. if your mildly modded ( no FI) then think it would defiantly help your trans life . but if you plan to mod it anymore like FI or nitrous i would do a full build.

I'm not gonna be doin any FI anytime soon, if ever at all. Only thing I see in my future is a cam. I'm most likely puttin the shift kit and the B&M 8x11x1 1/2 cooler in at the toy shop friday. I think RiddinRimSS is gonna go at the same time and do his too.

I say GO FOR IT.. their shift kit is awesome.. a little firmer than other ones (DO NOT mess with line pressures in the PCM if you get this shift kit). I would also recommend putting a higher stall converter in their like a Yank 2600 or higher ... I think a higher stall is the best mod you can do on these trucks period... quicker ETs because you can get a wayyy better holeshot with it. I drove around on a stock converter for about 10 miles before the tranny grenaded (dealer rebuild, before I did the full Toy Shop overhaul) and the truck felt so damn slow off the line... threw a Yank 2600 in there and DAMN my 0-60 time went down .5 at least..

Edited by punkt71 (see edit history)

I say GO FOR IT.. their shift kit is awesome.. a little firmer than other ones (DO NOT mess with line pressures in the PCM if you get this shift kit). I would also recommend putting a higher stall converter in their like a Yank 2600 or higher ... I think a higher stall is the best mod you can do on these trucks period... quicker ETs because you can get a wayyy better holeshot with it. I drove around on a stock converter for about 10 miles before the tranny grenaded (dealer rebuild, before I did the full Toy Shop overhaul) and the truck felt so damn slow off the line... threw a Yank 2600 in there and DAMN my 0-60 time went down .5 at least..

Kendall said the transgo kit shifts way hard and that his kit can be customized to shift as soft or as firm as you want. He also recomended not to put a TC in untill I get my cam in there, because depending on the cam thats how a TC will be chosen. I'm gonna have all my line pressures set back to stock today and make sure all my torque management is there that way I'll be clear for Friday if I get the shift kit done then.

Kendall said the transgo kit shifts way hard and that his kit can be customized to shift as soft or as firm as you want. He also recomended not to put a TC in untill I get my cam in there, because depending on the cam thats how a TC will be chosen. I'm gonna have all my line pressures set back to stock today and make sure all my torque management is there that way I'll be clear for Friday if I get the shift kit done then.

Hmm I had a transgo in a 2000 Silverado 5.3 and it didnt shift that hard... I had them give me a soft shift kit (i requested less firm shifts) and it shifted harder and better with the Toy Shop kit. Whatever it is, i am sure its better than the transgo anyways. I didnt know you were planning on a cam, so yeah, the stall speed should be based on your cam. For a stock cam, the 2600 was perfect for me. With the Radix it flash stalled to something around 3100 or higher if i remember correctly.

Good luck, dont forget the tranny cooler!! :cheers:

edit: as far as I am concerned get RID of that torque management if you have a shift kit.. it will kill your clutches a lot faster !!

Edited by punkt71 (see edit history)

Yeah I was kinda confused about the torque management, I thought I read on here that you are supposed to remove it if your doin a shift kit but Kendall wanted me to put it all back to stock. I'm not too sure how torque management works, I know some people remove alittle and some people remove it all. It just removes power while it shifts right?

the transgo kit comes with 3 options on the shift firmness....the hardest one being full race...I did the softest and under normal driving conditions you can hardly tell a shift kit has been installed...but it has a nice kick when wot

Torque management does not kill clutches; adaptive shift timings does. Too much torque management just makes you slower.

On the TransGo kit use either 1 or 2 washers in the 2nd accumulator cup; don't use 3 (too harsh).

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)