just got a friggin ticket!

eddieo818

okay so im driving down the blvd and i speed up to switch lanes and there was a cop parked in a taco bell driveway so when i notice him i look down at my speedometer and i 44ish so i lower the music and just coast down the the street, i look in my rear view and i see him going down the center lane and he pulls me over! first thing he says is "is there something wrong with the gas pedal?" i answer no... so he tells me i was speeding and he asks how fast were you going? i say about 38-40 so then he rights me a ticket that says i was going 40 in a 35. dude WTF!!! :banghead:

Edited by eddie da chevy guy (see edit history)

that sucks :ughdance:

go to court and get it threw out, if he didn't radar you and he wasn't behind you when you were going 44 then his ticket is invalid... and what you should have said was 35 because then he does not have verbal consent against you in court.

Edited by semoSS (see edit history)

i think you could get by with saying you were going 38-40, the ticket wouldn't be much anyway, your chances are better just taking it to court and being completely honest with the judge and 9 times out of 10 they will throw it out.. on the ticket it should say how you clocked you either by stationary radar or air or something else

i think you could get by with saying you were going 38-40, the ticket wouldn't be much anyway, your chances are better just taking it to court and being completely honest with the judge and 9 times out of 10 they will throw it out.. on the ticket it should say how you clocked you either by stationary radar or air or something else

im not worried much about the cost off the ticket but more the cost of my insurance. have you ever escaped a ticket?

BTW: tickets says estimated 45/35 mph zone.passed inc several vehc's (admits)

Edited by eddie da chevy guy (see edit history)

that sucks :ughdance:

go to court and get it threw out, if he didn't radar you and he wasn't behind you when you were going 44 then his ticket is invalid... and what you should have said was 35 because then he does not have verbal consent against you in court.

Radar lock isn't mandatory in CA. It is just a tool to help the officer confirm visual estimate. :shakehead:

I my almost 33 years in law enforcement I have never written a ticket for just 5 over, they don't even get my attention unless they are going at least 10 over. If you have a good (no tickets) driving record see if they will give you a deferred finding, then if you don't get a like violation in that time period, usually 1 year, it will be dismissed. You will most likely have to pay a fine and costs though.

im not worried much about the cost off the ticket but more the cost of my insurance. have you ever escaped a ticket?

a shitload, im a master of getting out of tickets

i've had 17 tickets in my day, only 2 i couldn't get out of..

rule number 1, never admit to speeding unless your going like 20+ over

rule number 2, as soon as the cop approaches you, read his mood

if he is pissed off just act totally innocent, tell him some bullshit that you just got bigger tires and you think your speedo is off or im not used to driving this vehicle...anything that can calm him down and bring him down to your level..

if he is in a calm mood and your g/f or wife is with you tell her to act all pissed off toward you and that will opt the officer to not be so hard on you

rule number 3, dont act stupid be cool about it

i dont know if it will work for you but it has worked for me over and over again.. knock on wood..

what blvd were you driving down??

Thousand oaks blvd???

cops hide in our taco bell parking lot on T.O. blvd daily...

Laurel Caynon blvd, city of san fernando

I my almost 33 years in law enforcement I have never written a ticket for just 5 over, they don't even get my attention unless they are going at least 10 over. If you have a good (no tickets) driving record see if they will give you a deferred finding, then if you don't get a like violation in that time period, usually 1 year, it will be dismissed. You will most likely have to pay a fine and costs though.

i have one other speeding ticket 50/35 and a few fix it tickets:tints, no front license plate.

a shitload, im a master of getting out of tickets

i've had 17 tickets in my day, only 2 i couldn't get out of..

rule number 1, never admit to speeding unless your going like 20+ over

rule number 2, as soon as the cop approaches you, read his mood

if he is pissed off just act totally innocent, tell him some bullshit that you just got bigger tires and you think your speedo is off or im not used to driving this vehicle...anything that can calm him down and bring him down to your level..

if he is in a calm mood and your g/f or wife is with you tell her to act all pissed off toward you and that will opt the officer to not be so hard on you

rule number 3, dont act stupid be cool about it

i dont know if it will work for you but it has worked for me over and over again.. knock on wood..

THANKS! :thumbs: i will take your advice!

BTW: tickets says estimated 45/35 mph zone.passed inc several vehc's (admits)

do you guys think this can affect my case really bad if i decide to fight it? he wrote this on the ticket but in the approx speed box he put 40mph