Exhaust cutouts

1 Fast SS

I'm sure this has been a topic before, but I would like to ask the question again. I'm thinking about getting some cutouts for my set up. The question is, should I get 1 or 2 of them. I also thought I seen some manual 3" somewhere but can't find them. Do they make the 3" manual? What brand should I use? Here's some pics of my set up, and was wondering what some of you have done. If I only go with 1 of them, then I can install it just in front of the Corsa. If I go with two of them, then I'll put them where the two pipes come in line with each other, correct? Either way I do it, I should have turn downs on them right? The reason why I might go with only 1, is because of the sound. I want it loud, but not extremely loud. The guys with the cutouts, is it deep too?

Terry

DSC00348.jpg

DSC00344.jpg

well if you rrunning two into a single exhaust i would change it to duals all the way back

i have dougs e cutouts on mine and being able to open and close them at will is awesome.

here are some pics but you should have more room since your 2wd

DSC01713.jpg

DSC01714.jpg

DSC01715.jpg

DSC01716.jpg

DSC01717.jpg

DSC01718.jpg

I never knew what cut outs were...haha i am slow i guess. those pics showing the cut outs are nice. is it illegal to do? also would you recommend doing that to a corsa sport system? and one more what kind of sound will it produce? thanks one more...is it expensive ?

I never knew what cut outs were...haha i am slow i guess. those pics showing the cut outs are nice. is it illegal to do? also would you recommend doing that to a corsa sport system? and one more what kind of sound will it produce? thanks one more...is it expensive ?

cut outs are meant for off road use aka. the drag strip. Yeah they really make your exhaust louder and sound more aggressive because it makes it free flowing by bypasssing the muffler. :driving: yes i would do it on any exhaust as I am going to be doing it as well soon. As for price that depends. if you get manual cut outs where you just undo flange bolts and remove the blind that covers the cut out opening not expensive at all probably $50 ea if I remember correctly maybe cheaper. BUT if you want electric as Chase runs where you can just hit a switch to open and close them then it can get up there in price in a hurry a feww hundred dollars.

so if you dont ever go to the drag...then it is a waste of money? whats the chances of it getting you pulled over?

If you street race then electric are probably better so you can just open them for a race and then close them afterward without having to get under your truck. As for getting pulled over thats anyones guess. Michael "PimpSS" took is exhoust off completely for a while and didnt get pulled over for it but it was loud.

:withstupid: ... if its just for street racing there's no real gain specially if ur not S/C'ed or Turboed. but in Chase's case his truck is a beast and probably gets i lil noticable difference when he on the track plus it sound friggin awesome....

-Rob

I'm sure in Chase's case, he would need all the free flowing exhaust he can get with that blown motor. I know that WODY has some on his truck, and he leaves them open all the time. It sounds kick ass too. I want to get some, but the E-cutouts are not cheap. I'll get some with the cable.

yep they are only for a good sound :thumbs:

So that's what those friggin' things are called!! LOL!! Mine has the manual version with the block-off plates and wing nuts... I haven't even bothered to see what they sound like so I may just have them "deleted" altogether, although the electric version looks tres-cool!