Engine bay clean up

I pulled off all my engine covers last night and that engine aint very nice lookin on top haha. I know some guys paint thier covers and that looks good.

But aside from dropin $700 on a fast intake is there any other things you guys have done to make that LQ9 look good without the covers on there?

Yeah, those wires need some covering on them or somthin. maybe some steel braided type of lines or somthin. The intake swap takes alot huh? Cuz thats the main thing throwin it all off...

Just a lot of $$$ for the replacement intake, remember there will also be fuel rail & injector differences too; but the mechanical part is easy because they use O-rings for gaskets :thumbs:

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

The fast intake requires alot of modification to work. Search Benkey (member) posts and he has a very detailed how to swap. He probably had almost $1,500 into it for the swap on his 408. You could always pull the intake and paint it...doesnt take much to tape it off. You wouldnt benefit much from a fast intake without doing a cam and heads. Personally at that point, you might just want to go with a L92heads/car intake swap. But my vote is still for the radix...I got so many compliments at the woodward dream cruise on my setup.

Yeah...those kits are available at jsut abotu any murrays, auto zone, advance auto parts stores, summit, jegs, etc for about the same price. They are not bad kits, great alternative to figuring out hwo to switch to real bradied stainless. That kit is basically high tensile cloth, not real stainless steel weave, and one winter will destroy it as they are really meant for show cars, etc. I've seen hundreds of kits on classic cars at car shows, but if its a daily driver, I recommend against it unless you dont see snow, alot of rain, etc. Plus, to install them, you have to drain your radiator as they slip on over the existing hoses. Every hose you put them on, has to be disconnected/drained, etc. Do it up and send us pics, should only take you a couple hours.